NY BOTANICAL GARDEN, ORCHID SHOW

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by gary, Mar 8, 2020.

1. gary

gary Member

i went to the nybg yesterday for the annual orchid show, designed this year by jeff Leatham, a worldwide known and recognized master of floral/conservatory displays. although a smaller show this year, because the great dome of the conservatory is under reconstruction, it still had quite a few nice orchids i will post up a handful here, but not as many just yet, i have decided i need to make a return trip if possible, as i shot at f2.8 with my 90mm macro, this lens is razor sharp, but my depth of field was too shallow, something not really evident until i came home and downloaded to the big screen. the show runs until april 19 so i should be able to work in a return trip

[​IMG]

jbwolffiv and Chernabog1940 like this.
  2. gary

gary Member

so i got around to going through the 78 shots one by one, and i had more than i expected that are acceptable, i still may return, but in the meantime here are some of what i got

[​IMG]

here you can clearly see, i should have shot in f4

[​IMG]

love variegated patterns in flowers, roses are my favorites, but these orchids are pretty

[​IMG]

reminds me of some of those weird candy or sorbet mixes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jbwolffiv and Chernabog1940 like this.
  3. gary

gary Member

a couple more

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jbwolffiv, Nancy AK and Chernabog1940 like this.
  4. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

Great photos! Thank you for sharing