Okay let's shake things up a bit around here!

Discussion in 'Picture of the Day' started by hulagirl, Sep 8, 2010.

1. hulagirl

hulagirl Member

We have flowers...now how about some BUGS! :D ; Show me your creepy crawlies! :eek: ; This one was on the floor of my bedroom this morning. ; Click the image for the story.

[​IMG]
    Fly Little One..Be Free by *Roni*, on Flickr

2. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice work Roni!

3. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Great shot Roni!

4. Chris B

Chris B Member

Very nice.

5. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thats really cool, and creepy at the same time! ; Nice shot!!

6. hulagirl

hulagirl Member

Thanks you guys. ; Am I the only weird one here who takes pictures of bugs? ???

7. hulagirl

hulagirl Member

8. hulagirl

hulagirl Member

9. goofmick

goofmick Member

How about a beetle on a Mickey Croc.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  10. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

We got bugs down here...more than you can shake a stick at. ; How about a Spiny orb-weaver, aka Skull spider:

[​IMG]

11. PolynesianMedic

Yeah Justin, my wife isn't a fan of the bugs, but she is adapting and getting better. LOL!

12. zackiedawg

How do you think she'll do with the snakes, rats, possums, lizards, and toads? ; At some point, all of those will have likely been in your house, whether you knew it or not. ; Welcome to Florida! ; ;)

13. PolynesianMedic

SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! ; Don't say that too loud, I'm afraid she might hear! ; I am not worried about the lizards, and toads, the dog should keep the possums and rats out, and she will even go after the snake too if she sees it, so I hope to not worry about it. :D

14. zackiedawg

Ah...good...you should be OK then. ; Just don't move any further south - our lizards are a bit bigger down here (try 6-7 feet long! - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nile_monitor, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Iguana), and we grow our snakes up to 20 feet long (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burmese_Python). ; And just south of me, they have rats that run 15Lbs in the northern Keys (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambian_pouched_rat).

The good news - they're probably all working their way upstate, so they'll be visiting your yard too eventually.

Tell THAT to your wife, and see if she wants to chase one of OUR snakes with a broom! ; :)

15. hulagirl

hulagirl Member

Awesome you guys! ; It's funny, I used to go eeking and screaming when I saw a bug...now I go yelling..."Anyone seen my camera?" ; Okay..as long as we're doing seriously creepy, here's my best shot. ; Maybe after this, someone can give us a little lady bug or an inchworm or something cute and cuddly like that. :D

[​IMG]
    It Was All A Bad Dream... by *Roni*, on Flickr

16. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Sigh...I need to find some menacing ones. ; All I got is this little one.

[​IMG]

Roni, look out for Woolly Bear caterpillars this time of year. ; They are cute, fuzzy and cuddly. ; :)

17. hulagirl

hulagirl Member

Well, Scott...I like your little girlie bug, just fine. :D ; She's adorable and she looks like she's hiding from the camera. ; I know a thing or two about that. ;)

18. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

This is not a great pic of the stick bug, but here ya go. I have some of venomous frogs and snakes if we want to add to the "creepy" category.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  19. hulagirl

hulagirl Member

Well..hello my friend! :) ; Nice little stick bug ya got there. ; Sure...add your creepy snakes and frogs. ; Maybe this will morph into a nice pre-Halloween thread. ; I'll go see if I can find some more spiders. :eek:

20. HW

HW Member

wasp

Attached Files: