pixelmania party t shirts via cafe press

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by gary, Sep 8, 2011.

1. gary

gary Member

just ordered mine, i added a customized back text with pixelmania, 2011, 10-19-10/23, in orange, tombstone with custom saying on the front, around $25 with shipping

IMPORTANT, cafe press is having some bugs with their design tool, best way to do this is call 1-877-809-1659, and have customer service walk you through setting up a private store, and through the design and save portion, apparently their issues are with the save function not working, even if like myself you already have a cafe press account. of course you need tim to send you the tombstone design so you have that graphic to upload, use it as is , resizing to the 1000x100 pixels per cafe, results in a too small image to fill all the available print area

2. Paul

Paul Member

gary, I hope you also have one of your special t-shirts to break out during the event, something smurf related?

3. gary

gary Member

i went for a sesame street theme this year, that big bird, he just baad

4. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Is there any way we can have a common template set up so all we need to do is upload our tombstone? ; I'm all about simplicity. :)

5. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

No, because we have to do our own tombstones. ; There is no way for Tim to create a template and have it look like the graphic and keep the price reasonable.

Gary, could you share the link to your t-shirt and fonts used? ; Since this is our "costume" for the party, I think having them unique is a good thing.

6. ddindy

What I meant was to have the back of the shirt all pre-designed, then we would upload our tombstone images for the front. ; We want them to all look the same from the back - same text, same font, same color. ; I don't know if any of the print-on-demand companies can do this; that's why I asked.

7. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

i was assuming that we would go with blank backs but if someone wants to create something we can run with it.

8. gary

gary Member

i created a back with graphic, i'll go into cafe press in a few and make my store public and then post the link so you can see what it looks like, then i think you would still have to design/set up your own, i don't know if you can edit through an individual store
    link posted right to my shirt, i'll call customer service in a few and see about making it a public shop and allowing customizing for the front graphic

9. ddindy

Leave it to Gary to plus the design! ; Thanks for posting that - I thought the shirt was orange, but it's just the text that's orange.

10. gary

gary Member

i am holding for the next available service rep, i'll try to make this as easy for all as i can

11. Tim

very nice... and surprisingly appropriate.

12. gary

gary Member

OK TIM, PIN THIS OR DO SOMETHING SO EVERYONE CAN FIND IT,HERE IS THE LINK TO MY SHOP, WITH THE OPTION BY CLICKING ON REPLACE , THEN UPLOAD YOUR OWN PERSONAL TOMBSTONE JPEG, AND THEN JUST ORDER THE SHIRT, YOU GET THE BACK GRAPHIC OF THE TIRED DEHYDRATED PIXELMANIAC, WITH THE EVENT INFO IN ORANGE, SORRY JEFF, I COULD NOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO PUT A REMOTE IN HIS HANDS

http://www.cafepress.com/kgphotos1.571868482

13. Tim

what are the max dimensions for the front of the shirt artwork? ; i can make the tombstone bigger if you think it would look better.

14. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I too was thinking the tombstone looked small in the "mocked" up tee. ; However, I think my printer should be able to print it larger.

15. gary

gary Member

i do not think there's any way to go larger, what i have up there is the maxed out print area from cafe, i think it'll be ok, people will be more attracted by a group of us, wearing the same type shirt, with some lettering on the back, telling what we are about, then when we pull them in close they can read and enjoy the tombstone wit
    i have already ordered mine and should have it soon
    you could make the jpeg larger, but i do not know how it will turn out , maybe i'll call cafe and get their opinion on overrunning the print area

ok just called cafe, ; you get a 10 x10 inch printed front on the t shirt, that's pretty large, almost as big as the actual tombstone

16. Tim

their site says 10x10 at 200dpi but when i cropped out the tombstones to match the template, it actually made the stone look smaller. ; let me know what you are able to find out, please.

17. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Thanks, guys! ; Just ordered mine.

18. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I like this a lot. ; I need to come up with a really witty saying for the tombstone ASAP! ; Anyone have any other thoughts?

19. ddindy

I just ordered mine. ; I also cropped the image to just include the tombstone, and the image on the sample shirt seemed to get just a tad bigger. ; If things don't work out, maybe we'll have time to try a different vendor, like Spreadshirt or Zazzle.

Jeff, I came up with a bunch while working on mine. ; Since they all work for two-syllable names, you may have to make some adjustments, but maybe this will give you an idea.

"Lytum & Hyde" Dennis thought was a joke
    Turns out it wasn't, so now he's just smoke

The Mission Space ride was Dennis' downfall
    So now he's Soarin' high above us all

Food & Wine was Dennis' downfall
    He now has wings and is Soarin' above all

Dennis just loved to ride Mission Space
    But our Spaceship Earth is his resting place

Dennis took photos at Disney all day
    Forgot about meals now here's where he lay

Disney World beckoned, Dennis was packed
    Sadly that was his final act

Also check out the Headstone Help thread. ; Maybe Justin can make a few suggestions.

I've also found that Burma Shave jingles have a good meter. ; Maybe one of them can be adapted.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  20. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I just posted a few that my wife came up with in the headstone help thread. ; Thanks!