Polynesian at Night

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by zackiedawg, Jun 13, 2011.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Wow...I didn't realize it, but I didn't post these from a few trips ago - I went to add some resort hotel shots and looked back to realize I never made a thread on these. ; So though these were from 3 or 4 trips ago, I figured I'd still share them. ; Polynesian resort grounds, taken at night, on tripod:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a few shots of Wishes from Poly's boat dock:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Second shot is mint Justin! ; Did you use a filter or just a long exposure?

3. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

GREAT Shots Justin! ; That second one is beautiful!

4. zackiedawg

Thanks Jeff and John!

John - I had to look to remind myself - that was no filter, but I used the in-camera HDR feature so it's a blend of two exposures 1 stop apart.

5. Paul

Paul Member

Really nice shots Justin. ; The Polynesian is just a tough place to hang out isn't! ; ;)

6. goofmick

goofmick Member

Very nice Justin!

7. zackiedawg

Thanks Paul and Tim. ; Yeah, I force myself to go through the hell that is the Polynesian, just to torture myself...but I'm strong that way. ; I wouldn't recommend others try it too often...it's tough to stay there.

8. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

LOL! ; One of the few places I have never stayed, but I have spent a lot of time there, hmmmm?

9. zackiedawg

I've managed a stay at NEARLY every Disney location. ; I was doing well and ready to brag about all of them until they stuck BLT in there - which I haven't yet stayed at. ; I technically haven't stayed at the NEW Treehouses, but I did stay at the old ones, so I gave myself a pass on those, especially since they're technically part of Saratoga Springs. ; Once they open the new value resort, I'll have to see if that counts as an expansion of Pop Century, or if it is it's own self-standing resort...if self-standing, then I'd have to add that to the list. ; It was a lot of work over many years, but I have stayed all over Disney resort properties, from a tent at Fort Wilderness to a suite at Grand Floridian.

10. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Beautiful Shots!!!
    Dina and I just visited the Poly and had drinks at the Tambu Lounge and read the Sunday paper. Nice and relaxing before walking around and just soaking up the atmosphere!

11. zackiedawg

We're on the same wavelength - I love visiting the various resorts throughout each stay just to hang - hit the bar or a little snack spot, chill for a while, and take in the scenery. ; It's one of the main reasons I love going to other resorts first before going to any park for the day...no matter where I'm staying. ; On that night, I was staying at OKW, but took the Poly boat out of MK to avoid the mass exodus near closing, walked the grounds, enjoyed the scenery, then took the Downtown Disney bus to Marketplace, and hopped the OKW boat back to my resort. ; Much better than standing 200-deep at a bus stop at MK at park closing time!

12. Chris B

Chris B Member

Love the Poly at night. ; Thanks for sharing.