Roy Halladay!

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by Tim, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Today's Disney Picture of the Day is off the beaten track a bit and really isn't even the best photo but it does have a special meaning along with a Disney context. ; This photo is from March 9, 2010, from the Phillies/Braves Spring Training game at the ESPN Wide World of Sports. ; Anyone who knows me know that I am a DIE-HARD Phillies Phan, always have been, always will be. ; I got to enjoy a Phillies/Braves game in Disney World that past two years along with my grandfather (Bill), my father (Ron), and my first-born son (Billy). ; Four generations of Phillies Phans, cheering for our favorite team; that's what we were celebrating,

This picture is posted today in honor of Roy Halladay pitching a no-hitter against the Cincinnatti Reds in the opening game of the 2010 Major League Baseball Playoffs. ; For years, Roy Halladay was a star pitcher on a bad Toronto Blue Jays team; he came to the Phillies in an off-seaon trade prior to the 2010 season beginning. ; He marked his inaugural Phillies campaing by going 21-10 and pitching a perfect game in May against the Florida Marlins. ; His no-hitter today was the first postseason no-hitter in baseball in over 50 years, and also marked the first time a pitcher has thrown a perfect game and no-hitter in the same season. ; Halladay is just an incredible pitcher and the Phillies are blessed to have him in red pinstripes.

See page HERE

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

He should be a Yankee! OK, that isn't gonna happen. ; Very impressive performance yesterday. ;

3. That was incredible! The final play of the game was nearly heart attack inducing though. Wow. ;

We Cub fans rarely if ever get anything like that. ; I went to Game 1 of the post season a few years ago and the Cubs got blown out :( Oh well, it was cool to go (literally cool - The top row of Wrigley Field in October is COLD!) and there was a buzz of excitement in the air before the game started...didnt last long. :(

On a positive note - I got some great pictures though!
    Someday....

4. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Hey Tim, it was almost like he was doing for you as a birthday present. ;)