Solitude on the Beach @ the Beach Club

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by PolynesianMedic, Mar 20, 2011.

1. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

So we took my sister-in-law and her boyfriend over to the Beach Club for some Cape May Cafe and also to show them some of the fun and free stuff that goes on in Disney. ; So after dinner we headed over to the beach, for the campfire sing-a-long followed by the movie under the stars. ; While on the beach, my son was running around and playing, and stopped for a moment on the lounge chair as if to look across the water and ponder a thought. ; I thought this was a great moment, and grabbed my wife's Canon PowerShot SD1400 IS, as I didn't have my camera with me, and fired. ; I have been really impressed with the shots that we have been getting with this camera, and all while on the Auto setting! ; It's the setting my wife uses all the time with it. ; Anyway, here is what I got. ; The only thing that I have done to this shot is a little noise reduction.

Attached Files:

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Great shot!! ; Love those moments!

3. PolynesianMedic

Thanks John, I love them as well. ; I was glad to catch one of them finally.

4. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Very nice story to the photo - the storyline or emotion far outweigh any technical deficiencies. ; Though I love a great camera and great ability, we sometimes get too wrapped up in the technical, and fail to appreciate the artistic side - a grainy, crooked-horizon, partially OOF, blown-out highlight photo of an amazing or unique moment can still be more interesting to look at or deliver a greater punch than a techically perfect photo of an average subject in a common composition.

5. PolynesianMedic

Thanks Justin. ; You have hit the nail right on the head. ; I hadn't even thought about it in that way at all, but you are absolutely correct.

6. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I know, the trick is having the camera ready, and we all know that "Mr. Murphy" says once the camera is in the bag ; "the moment" will arrive!!

7. Zeagle

Zeagle Member

Great comp and moment! :) It will be a pic to last you a lifetime.