State Fair 2011

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by ddindy, Aug 15, 2011.

1. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

It's late summer, and in most states that means it's State Fair time! ; Post your photos here.

Here are my first two from this year's Indiana State Fair. ; Click the photos to read the full descriptions on Flickr.

[​IMG]
    Time for Fun

[​IMG]
    Outrageously good!

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

My sister in law lives in Indiana now (just outside Evansville) and she always talks about the Deep Fried "insert food type here" that she sees at fairs. ; That shot kinda makes me want to try some of that!

3. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I can hear my arteries clogging already on that "deep fried butter"... ; Hopefully it is not a full stick at a time.

4. ddindy

Deep-fried butter is pretty good. ; They take a 3/4 inch ball of frozen butter, dip it in batter and fry it, melting the butter in the process. ; It tastes like a pancake with lots of butter on it. :)

5. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Now I am very intrigued!!

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Well, at least it isn't a stick...

7. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Nice start, Dennis. I want a photo of you eating some fried butter now. ; :) ;

Looking forward to New York's fair which starts on the 25th.

8. ddindy

Scott, I had a friend take a shot of me eating deep-fried butter. ; I'll post it later this week.

Here's today's post. ; It looks like an Oshkosh B'Gosh convention.

[​IMG]
    Wood and steam

Sadly, they weren't running the sawmill when I went back today.

9. gary

gary Member

"meet me in st louis", still one of my favorite old time hollywood musicals, i expect it'll be on tv soon, as it's fair season, and music man , another favorite was just on for mid summer viewing pleasure

10. ddindy

Attached Files:

11. gary

gary Member

oh that's not right, almost unamerican, this is the country that led the way in fried food, food on a stick, and finally we reached the promised land, fried food on a stick at a fair

12. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Gary, i meant a stick of butter (ie... One quarter pound of butter). ; Could you imagine a deep fried stick of butter on a stick? ; Homer Simpson almost got it right when, in one episode, he made a bacon wrapped butter stick on a stick.

13. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Now that is something I could sink my teeth into!! ; LOL! ;

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. ddindy

15. BorisMD

BorisMD Member

^^^^

Like the juxtaposition

Boris

16. ddindy

17. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Love that first one Dennis! ; Did not get to my State Fair this year (or the last 8 years) due to being in WDW.

18. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

The New York State Fair starts tomorrow so look for pics from there by the end of the weekend.

19. ddindy

20. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Now that's a tractor (#3)....