The Canadian dollar?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by realfam, Oct 23, 2008.

1. realfam

realfam Member

I'm not sure if anyone has spoke about this yet, (since I haven't been around for a little while), but what the heck is going on with the Canadian dollar. ; This is starting to worry us for future vacations planned. ; I hoping this is a temporary thing and thing will come back to what they were 2 weeks ago. ; What do you all think?
    Hamham, I'm sure you can find a good pic for this one!

2. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

The Canadian dollar is down to 79 cents American, mostly because oil is so low. When oil goes up again we should do better.... <cry>

3. The whole economy certainly has been on a roller coaster ride for the past month. ; The up part is coming now - right? ;

I'm still making vacation bookings, though, and had a huge one late yesterday afternoon. ; So, from my perspective, Canadians may feel slightly skittish, but they're still travelling (albeti, some might take longer to decide whether or not to go, or book later than in other years - but, they're still going). Our company's worldwide sales are ever increasing too.

Can't wait for the American election to be over though - then things might settle back again.

4. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

5. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

I agree! ; I think you'll see the dollar settle a bit after the election...

6. realfam

realfam Member

Nice!!!!! but I would like to have a dollar again with the arrow pointing up! ; Can you arrange for that by the end of November please and thank you...

Funny they were selling Obama t-shirts in the straw market in St. Maarten

7. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

They were selling them at the Madonna concert. ; ;D

8. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

I hope the doller settles before December I'm waiting until the last possible moment to buy.

9. scratch

scratch Member

I would wait until after the Election but not too close to Christmas! ; I find the dollar does slide a bit around Christmas too! ; Then goes back up in January. ; No Guarantees, just a personal observation!

10. realfam

realfam Member

What happened? ; The dollar was starting to do so well and then, well today,,,,,,it decide to take a dive again. ;

11. scratch

scratch Member

Good Question! ; Ouch!

12. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

la la la la la la la la la la la la la la

I'm not listening

la la la la la la la la la la la la la la

13. realfam

realfam Member

I know , I know ; wwaaaa.... ; can you tell I need to buy some US!!!!!

14. mini-canadian

mini-canadian Member

I am not listening either!!!! ; I just went ahead and bought out flights for April, ended up with $109.00 each for a one way on Southwest. ; I can only assume that at some point the price will come down a little, I can use the credit for the fall so no biggie.

I actually wanted to book the flight so that I can LOCK in DH on the date, otherwise I would wait! ; ;D

15. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

OMG LMBO!!!

I had a feeling this would happen and thus paid for my trip the day of the election. ; But that's just my December trip, there's still my May one and October and July... ;D

16. what goes down, must come up - right... but to those Disney fans that haven't cottoned on to this yet, when the dollar is higher, open a USD savings account - makes paying for those trips a little easier to stomach....

But it is a bitter pilll to swallow, no matter :)

17. realfam

realfam Member

We do have a US saving. ; Unforetunatey we travel alot into the US, which means we spend alot of US dollars, therefore we seem to be constantly exchanging money.

18. I u diseny

I u diseny Member

Canadian dollar closed at 84.18 cents US, up 0.26 of a cent - 1 hour ago

TORONTO — The Canadian dollar closed up 0.26 of a cent to 84.18 cents US on Friday. The US dollar stood at 118.80 cents Canadian, down 0.36 of a cent. ...

The Canadian Press - 14 related articles »
    Canadian dollar closed at 83.92 cents US, down 1.70 cents - The Canadian Press

it going up a little bit

19. realfam

realfam Member

We want par or better,,,,,,am I asking for the world!!!!!!! ; I have 3 ladies in my life that can US money really really well. ; (well the baby is in training to shop).