the lion sleeps tonight

Discussion in 'The Digital Darkroom' started by gary, Feb 21, 2012.

1. gary

gary Member

with the fishes that is. i just received confirmation from apple that they will be refunding my $29.99 for the app store download of lion os. lesson learned, if you have snow leopard and you are happy. leave it be. my macbook pro just spent the better part of 3 days off and on stuck in an endless loop of trying to install lion. with no success, i even called apple care who kept trying to refer me to some internet sites on how to fix the problem, which of course i could not access on the broken home computer, what if 1 apple was all i had, how would that help me? and all because i bought an ipad and wanted to use the cloud so i could play tunes at work. must have had a senior moment there, apparently i forgot i own an ipod classic, which has a huge volume of tunes already on it. doh
    and worst of all, lion does not support anything older than 2011, so i faced the very real possibility that my microsoft office suite for mac would need to be repurchased, and ; the fire dept just bought this for me last march so i could use powerpoint for teaching the required annual refresher bloodborne pathogens course, and for the annual dinner slide show i do
    truthfully, i should have done more research, turns out there are plenty of disatisfied users posting to the apple app store about these issues
    friends don't let friends upgrade

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

LOL! ; Lesson learned!

3. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Hopefully Mountain Lion won't tempt you (supposed to make Mac more iPad-like).

Sent from my iPhone...

4. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

That is inevitable. ; Windows 8 is designed to make your PC more Windows Phone 7 like.

5. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I think that you will see all of these OS's go way of these seemless experiences. ; Android is doing it with their latest version, making the phone and tablet software the same in version 4.0. ; They are even bringing it to netbook machines as well.

6. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I had no trouble upgrading to Lion. But I did get it used from Apple about a year ago. Must have been just new enough.

Sent from my fabulous iPhone 4