Those empty park shots

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by Brother Jay, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Brother Jay

Brother Jay Member

I have noticed that some of you and others on other sites from time to time post shots (usually at night) of the park when it appear to be empty. ; Are you just aware of when the perfect times for those are? ; Or is it a case where you are getting after hours access and they have left the lights on for you? ; Just wondering, because they are almost always just awesome! ;

2. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

It's usually not special access - just patience. ; Some of the shots may be during operating hours and just lucky to get a hole in the crowd, or back in the old days when there used to be slow seasons...other shots could be long exposures where some people walking through the shot simply didn't show up due to the long exposure. ; But most of them are probably because we waited until the parks closed, and just lingered that extra 45 min, hour, or longer until the vast majority of folks were gone, and just made ourselves among the last stragglers out of the park. ; If a park closes at 9, you might be able to stick around to as late as 11...it takes a while for them to filter out all the folks. ; That's prime photography time!

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Patience, long shutter speeds, dark filters, tripods, and insomnia! ; With a pinch of luck to boot!

4. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

What Justin said. ; Several of those who get those shots wait for several hours after park close and meander taking pictures until security pushes them out.

5. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

And of course the @TMIP mantra... ; "extra magic hours are your friends".

6. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Hoping to get a few of those in May.

7. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Empty queues, too. ; Taken at 11:46PM with DHS EMH going to midnight. ; CM let Dave Kliment and I use the FastPass queue with our tripods so people would not trip over us in the regular line.

[​IMG]

8. Brother Jay

Brother Jay Member

If there is one thing that you have to appreciate about Disney is they certainly give you a lot of eye candy while you wait - or don't. ; I really wish other parks would take a page out of their books. ; When I show my friends they are not only baffled by how much cue area there is but how rich it is.

Nice one Scottwdw, not a soul in site :)

9. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

Gotta love those CM's!!

10. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Nothing but a couple of droids. ; Thanks!

11. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Nice shot Scott! ; I must think to ask cast members for this ability from now on.

12. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Nice one Scott! I guess I would have to stay in DHS late in order to get this one!