When one card reader isn't enough...try 4.

Discussion in 'The Digital Darkroom' started by Roger, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Delkin has released a 4 slot CF UDMA USB 2.0 reader.

http://www.delkin.com/products/connect/ ... outer.html

Does Delkin know something we don't know? Is the new Sony going to come with 4 CF bays to hold 24MP images at 6fps? I don't think the throughput can get any faster, but I guess if you have a lot of cards to download to your computer at one time, you can multi-task and not have to switch out cards as often.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

24mp a 2gb card could probably hold roughly 10 pictures.

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

that is really cool but you need to have or purchase special software to take advantage of the multiple cards. the prices i saw are $149/ device only. $249 bundled with backupandburn software. you caught my attention with this, but it might be overkill for most users. wedding studios would be rejoicing with this one, methinks.
    of course, if you have a storage device, this might be unnecessary after all.

4. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

I agree with you on the storage device. I'm trying to think who would use this the most - sports maybe in the old days, but they're switching to the wi-fi built in/add-ons on the pro models (or the vertical grips of others). Wedding seems right, esp now that Nikon has gone to dual CF, and I'm sure the D3 can do the dual-recording so it would take TWO card failures at the same time to lose someone's most precious memories.

But will Delkin do when someone comes out with a 6 card slot reader? ;D