Will Tomorrowland Become Star Wars Land?

Discussion in 'Disneyland News, Rumors and Current Events' started by John Frost, Apr 29, 2014.

1. John Frost

John Frost Global Moderator Staff Member

With the addition of a Star Wars studio at Walt Disney Imagineering, the rumors are hot and heavy about a complete Star Wars makeover for the back half of Tomorrowland. Is that something you would like to see?

2. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

Flat out no! I hope that they use Magic Kingdom as another place to find Star Wars. I just hope they keep it all at DHS so I can avoid it if necessary. Sorry fans:confused:

3. John Frost

John Frost Global Moderator Staff Member

Well, more Star Wars is coming somewhere in Anaheim. Where would you have them put it?

4. Sean

Sean Administrator Staff Member

They could almost open a new gate with just Star wars, the fan base is out there for the product, they now own all the rights so they will not need to pay a lot to licence it.

Maybe instead of Carsland which was rumored for DHS they create a new Star Wars section once that is completed they take the existing star wars location and turn it into Carsland.

5. ayesell

ayesell Member

MK is not the place for it.

6. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Since we are talking about Disneyland, I think Tomorrowland might fit partially only because Star Tours is there already. But a total makeover would not work in my opinion.

7. trenchant

trenchant Member

I hope it doesn't become "Star Wars Land" there.
    Star Wars certainly fits right in there, sure, but I doubt they will remake it so badly it overshadows the rest of the park.
    I'll be looking forward to more Star Wars themed rides.

8. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Lord no! Please leave Tomorrowland alone, and find someplace else for Star Wars land. Somewhere I can avoid, preferably. ;)

Sean likes this.
  9. Bloomsie

Bloomsie Member

I wouldn't mind if they were to include Star Wars into Tomorrow Land, but I personally think that they should keep the tradition of still naming it 'Tomorrow Land'... Star Wars is considered into the future, but so is Imagineering and more. I don't see the difference of needing to change the name. Granted, I'm not an incredibly big fan of Star Wars, I respect it, but I believe the essence of the parks is that it needs to be speak 'Disney'. Not brands or movies per say.

10. Colene

Colene Member

I hope so, especially with the new movie coming out! I'm sure they will at least expand the Star Wars theme as it grows closer to the release of the movie. I'm so excited!!!

11. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Since Star Wars happened "a long time ago in a galaxy far far away" it wouldn't seem to fit into "Tomorrowland".

12. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Touche!

13. RedOleander

RedOleander Member

I've heard that they will be remaking Tomorrowland to make it more Star Wars oriented. Of course, that's just a rumor, nothing official. BUT I will say that the Blue Sky Cellar has been closed for a while now, and that's where they showcase plans for upcoming developments. (They had exhibits on Cars Land and Fantasy Faire before they opened.) I'm guessing they are redoing it for the next big thing - a Star Wars version of Tomorrowland is my guess.

Personally, I like the way it is now. I know that by now, it's outdated, but that's kind of part of the magic of Disneyland. There's a lot of history there! I know time marches on, so I'm just hoping they don't change things around TOO much. Star Wars is a big enough franchise as it is, it doesn't need it's own land.