Would you ride up front?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by highland3, Jul 8, 2009.

?

Would you ride in the monorail cockpit?

1. I don't think it will be allowed again.

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. I'd wait and see what the NTSB determines.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes

13 vote(s)
    92.9%
  1. highland3

highland3 Member

If the option returns of allowing families and individuals to ride in the cockpit of the monorail... would you?

2. realfam

realfam Member

I'd do it in a flash. ; !!!!!!! ; I think this was just a freak accident and the monorails have been running for 40 odd years with no problems,

3. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

I'd be the first to ride up front if Disney would let me.

4. scratch

scratch Member

Love riding up front! ; The view can't be beat!

5. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

Heck yes I would. ; That would be too cool to pass up.

6. deblen4

deblen4 Member

I had the opportunity to ride upfront when our children were younger. ; I would definitely do it again, but I would be very surprised if it is allowed again. ; Disney tends to eliminate the 'risk' of any rides so I expect riding up front will no longer be allowed?

7. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

Yep -if given the opportunity

8. obo101

obo101 Member

Absolutely. ; Have never had the pleasure but would love to give it a whirl.

9. realfam

realfam Member

I've always loved the monorail since I was a little boy, so it was a dream come true for me last fall when they let me in with the captain last fall. ; Here's a few pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hopefully will do it again one day. ; The captain was great, he explained how everything worked.

10. mini-canadian

mini-canadian Member

Absolutely! I would ride in the front if given the opportunity is given the chance in a minute!

11. CoryTheRaven

CoryTheRaven Member

I rode in it during my last trip to Disneyland and I would do it again. I tend not to let freak accidents stop me from enjoying things like that.

My only hope would be that, next time, I get a happier and more talkative driver ^_^

12. amw

amw Member

Amazing on trip to Epcot:

[​IMG]

A happy-stance that we got to enjoy it.

I don't know if Disney will allow again, but in terms of paranoia ... you have to not sit in the last section of the train too! ;... And not go on a lot of rides ... I kind of prefer not to think like that. ;;)

13. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

Yes for sure we did it for the first time last trip and it was late in the evening. It was an experience we'll never forget.