Year of Celebrations

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by deblen4, Dec 20, 2008.

1. deblen4

deblen4 Member

Does anyone have the details regarding the year of Celebrations? ; I understand that if it is your birthday you can show id to prove the date and you would receive free park entry, or if you already have entry you would receive a gift. ; But the advertising leads me to believe you can 'celebrate' more than just birthdays? ; Is this true and what events would qualify or what would you need to prove the date? ; (ie, if it's your anniversary, do you take your marriage license with you?)
    Any info would be appreciated. ; Once we've survived Christmas I'd like to begin planning for 2009 vacations, which will hopefully include Disney World and when selecting dates I may be able to coordinate one of our birthdays or a special day with a visit to WDW.
    Thanks
    Deb Howe 8)

2. scratch

scratch Member

If memory serves me correctly, it's only for your Birthday that you will receive the free entry or an equal substitution if you have a ticket already.

3. Hi - Disney still does "grand gatherings" up in style for family reunions (groups of 8 or more) and there are lots of wonderful perks that go along to make that kind of group planning easier. ; If you celebrate anything special, you can always arrange a cake in advance (there's a cake hotline) or you can ask at the podium at check in to purchase a simply decorated small cake. ; However, 2009 is the year of birthday celebrations. ; Here are details (wording modified from DTA - I couldn't get the public site to load this morning without music, and everyone else is sleeping) :) :

=========================

Celebrating the Options

Disney Parks’ “Free admission on your birthday in 2009” offer is creating a lot of excitement. But Disney packages with multi-day tickets are likely still the best option when it comes to booking that special birthday vacation.

Guests who visit one of the Theme Parks at the Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida or Disneyland® Resort in California on their birthday in 2009 can get in free.* However, guests may not know that if they book a vacation package with multi-day tickets, they can choose from a series of alternative birthday treats.

When you purchase a vacation package that includes a multi-day ticket that you'll use on your birthday, you can choose one of the following birthday treats instead:

A birthday fun card in an amount equal to the price of a Walt Disney World® Resort 1-Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket** or a Disneyland® Resort 1-Day/1-Park Ticket** for them to use on their birthday for select merchandise, recreation or fun activities, as applicable, at select participating locations at the Walt Disney World Resort or Disneyland Resort; or
    A special birthday FASTPASS® badge*** for certain attractions at the Theme Park they visit on their birthday; or
    A one-day, one-park ticket that can be used anytime until the Client’s next birthday. This ticket may be used by the birthday celebrant only.
    It all begins when you register your birthday at DisneyBirthdayTreat.com before their vacation. Registration will help expedite the process for receiving any of these special options. Then, you can select from these options once they arrive at the Theme Park of their choice.

With these special birthday treat options, your travel agent (insert grin here :)...) has the flexibility to recommend the perfect birthday vacation package – and you have the flexibility to celebrate the perfect Disney birthday!

*No cash refunds or credits will be given. Valid ID, including proof of birth date, required at gate or ticket booth. Clients should visit disneybirthdaytreat.com for details and to register their birthday.
    **Based on ticket price of Walt Disney World Resort 1-Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket at the gate, excluding tax, or ticket price of Disneyland Resort 1-Day/1-Park Ticket at the Main Entrance ticket booth. Adults receive card in the amount of an Adult ticket, children (3-9) receive card in the amount of a Child ticket. For terms and conditions of the card and details on participating locations and applicable activities and services that may be purchased with the card, visit disneyparks.com/birthdayfuncard.
    ***The number of birthday FASTPASS badges issued is limited, and badges may not be available after 11 a.m. Valid Theme Park admission required. The FASTPASS badge is for the birthday celebrant and up to five (5) members of his/her party.