Yellowstone 1954

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by Jeff Fillmore, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

A couple Kodachrome Slides I ran across this afternoon- Taken in 1954 in Yellowstone by my Grandfather with an Argus C4 which I still have. ; The car is a '54 Pontiac by the way- my dad was inside feeding the bears marshmallows. ; :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Great shots Jeff! ; Thanks for posting!

3. scpergj

scpergj Member

nice pictures - what did you use to scan them with?

4. goofmick

goofmick Member

Very cool!!

5. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Thanks all- Scanned with an Epson V500. ; I just realized I scanned them backward though (bear should have been on the passenger side). ; I'll have to go into Flickr and see if I can change them.

6. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

lol...did that with a shot of Dumbo too recently, and A2 doesn't have a flip horizontal feature. ; had to use the other software.....

7. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

I guess when you 'replace' them in Flickr the links change- anyway- all fixed now.

8. goofy101

goofy101 Member

They are great shots

9. Paul

Paul Member

Cool shots Jeff. ; When I first looked at them real quick I thought they were fake. ; The bear looked too slim and I figured they would never go up to a car like that!

10. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Great pics Jeff. That is a bit scary. They look so calm.

11. mSummers

mSummers Member

Neat shots. ;

Yeah, I've seen a couple of videos like this... the bear always looks calm until the food source runs out...

12. HW

HW Member

incredible shots and the job you did in scanning these and making them look this good is amazing for pics almost as old as me

13. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

awesome shots - your dad is a brave soul!