3 new cameras from Canon

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by mainstreet1997, Aug 19, 2010.

1. http://www.digitaltrends.com/photography/canon-launches-three-powershot-cameras/?news=123

I want to play with the SX130 IS!

I've been keeping my eye on P&S cameras. I love my Xti and my A640 but sometimes both are just a little (Or a lot) too bulky to carry around all the time! So Ive been looking into a not very expensive P&S to just throw in my purse. I thought about a Kodak which I use at work that does a great job outdoors (so-so indoors) but I'm a Canon girl!

2. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I've been coveting the S90 for awhile now. ; The S95 looks like a nice upgrade. ; Maybe next year as I do want something better to have with me than the iPhone.

3. gary

gary Member

i'm going to step outside my usual canon bias here, and suggest everyone look at the panasonic lumix g series, it's a micro 4/3 with detachable lenses, it's only a hair bigger than a cannon g10, and other than real low light needing a tripod, it's getting outstanding reviews as a pocket/small bag travel set. lens offerings are a little limited right now, but more seem to be coming, and anyway, how many do you need/want to carry if the idea was to lighten up for travel. this will be my next purchase as a travel camera for our anticipated 2012 return to europe{amsterdam,germany}. unless you see your needs as a true pocket camera, in which case those is powershots do a fine job. i may end up with one eventually, but the lumix is something that can be carried in a topload, front worn waist belt type bag, and can cover 28-450 mm with just 2 lenses.
    just throwing it out there,you feel me?

4. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

You own a Canon? ; I cannot be too shocked, I have the Canon PowerShot S70. ; It was the camera we took on our first trip to WDW as a couple (Nancy and I) and was the reason why I went dSLR...haha. ; Great point and shoot, but I didn't like the inability to get the pictures I wanted in the ever changing lighting environment of WDW

5. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

When it comes to P&S, Canon and Pansaonic's Lumix series are way better than any Nikon P&S. ; We'll see if Nikon announces there G11 Killer next month as has been rumored. ; I would like to see Nikon step it up in the high end P&S realm. ; I don't own one though as I was saving all my money up for the D700 and an FX lens (which turned into the 28-300VR).

6. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I just got to look at the Lumix G10 tonight. ; My aunt just got it. ; I couldn't believe how light it was. ; Great idea for a travel camera. ; The images on the big screen on the back were nice looking and appeared very vibrant. ; I was liking the 4500 that will be offered. ; I think if I am using a P&S that I don't need the camera to shoot RAW and this one has a lot of stabilizing options for video or photo.

7. Paul

Paul Member

Rumors also say that Canon will be releasing a G12 soon as well.