Ahsoka Tano (new Star Wars walkaround character)

Discussion in 'Disney's Hollywood Studios Photos' started by Roger, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Meet Ahsoka Tano, who is making her worldwide appearance as a walkaround character during this year's Star Wars Weekends.

[attachment=1]

Straight from the camera, I'll play with the NEF when I get home. Anyway, she is Anakin's padawan in the new Clone Wars movie. One of the weekend features was showing clips from the new movie on both her and the "individuality" of the clone troopers.

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I went and saw Kung Fu Panda today and saw the preview for Star Wars, The Clone Wars. It looks AWESOME! I can't wait to go and see it, when it comes out.

3. Dan

Dan Member

Eh.. The life has been sapped out of the Star Wars series already, for me. I hadn't even heard about this until I read this post, so I found the trailer and watched it...

Lots of big battles that look like video games, americanized pseudo anime styling that, again, looks like a video game... Yoda's character reduced to a caricature of his original self, nothing but the trademark verbal quirk repeated over and over again..

I want to believe it's the spiritual successor to Droids, the animated series from the mid 80s about R2D2 and C3PO, and I like the idea of using a theatrically released movie to debut it, I like the idea of it being that big, but... I just don't believe they can tell compelling stories in 22 minute segments anymore.

I'll have to watch the first few episodes to see, though. It'd be nice to have an epic adventure on TV again in episodic animated form. I had the luxury of growing up in the golden age of televised animation, I have fond memories of Saturday mornings spent watching cartoons. I don't expect this to be on in the morning, these things seem to be shown more in the evening now, but whatever.

4. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Well Lucasfilm sent one of the people working on the film down for the month; I know the director of the whole program will be down for the last weekend, but from what I saw Saturday I'm stoked about it. I think they may have figured it out for short episode serial storytelling.

5. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

it can't be any worse than "the ewok adventure"...

6. Dan

Dan Member

Hey now, that's a treasured part of my childhood!

Er.. seriously, I did enjoy it. I barely remember it now. But I was hard core into Star Wars back then, I loved getting extra Star Wars content on TV like that. It made the Star Wars universe feel more real.

7. jcvalenti

jcvalenti Member

The Clone Wars project is a very cool concept, and really is an interesting way to tell stories set in the Star Wars universe. Frankly, it has more emotional punch than any of the 3 'pre-quel' snoozefests that Lucas directed. Lucas is a brilliant visual director, but his ability to elicit emotion and to manipulate dialogue is just horrid.

I'm a huge Star Wars shill though, and I'm praying they go ahead and just create a "Lucas Land" portion of Disney Hollywood Studios - add another Star Wars attraction, and a huge mockup of the mos eisley cantina for a dine in restaurant (scrap the Sci Fi Diner, already) ... and I'm there.

I will say that the new Live Action weekly series they are developing looks very, very interesting. Kind of an episodic deal with various directors. Imagine if the Battlestar Galactica crew was let loose inside the Star Wars mythos. Awesome. I'd love to see The Adventures of Jek Porkins.