Another Mission Space injury

Discussion in 'Disney News, Rumors and Current Events' started by Sean&Karen, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Here's another one. Hopefully this one is not as serious. This ride is getting such bad press. Without the history leading up to this, does anyone think this latest incident would make the news? Just curious.

Woman airlifted to ORMC following ride
    A 35-year-old woman fell and lost consciousness after getting off Mission: Space on Monday night.

Amy C. Rippel | Sentinel Staff Writer
    Posted July 10, 2006, 11:17 PM EDT

A 35-year-old woman fell and lost consciousness after getting off Mission: Space at Epcot on Monday night.

The woman, who was described only as a "local," was taken to Orlando Regional Medical Center by the hospital's helicopter.

About 8:30 p.m., she was getting off the ride when she "fell from a standing position," hit her head and was briefly unconscious, said Deputy Chief Bo Jones of the Reedy Creek Fire Department.

By the time rescue-crew members arrived, the woman had regained consciousness but was not completely alert and reported tingling in her arms and hands, Jones said.

To get her to the hospital quickly, an ORMC helicopter landed in a backstage area of Epcot.

She was taken in "stable, improving condition," Jones said, adding that rescue workers reported she had become more alert and had more sensation in her arms and hands as she was being taken to the hospital.

2. Treelo

Treelo Member

Yeah... I think it still would have made a small corner of the local papers... after all, it's Disney ; :p ; And it wasn't a simple case of nausea or dizziness... by the sounds of it, she was fine and then just fell. ; This might just prompt them to actually close the ride while they implement the milder option, though.

The press will always latch on to the mundane events that involve major attractions, though... like anything involving a Disney ride... or any injury on a ride at the larger carnivals/exhibitions up here (like the CNE... good grief, someone twists their ankle getting off a ride and it gets written up in the papers it seems *laugh*)

3. highland3

highland3 Member

Despite the "incidents" I loved MS. ; DW wimped out, but I rode with my DD (9) and DS (5). ; DS wanted to go again, but my tummy was saying no!