Celebrations Magazine Photo Contest

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by Tim, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

[attachimg=1]​
    Celebrations Magazine and The Magic in Pixels present the Pixelmania Celebrate the Magic photo contest!
    The concept is very simple: ; Post your very best photo from each park (1 each per park), taken during Pixelmania, and the winning four photos will be published in an upcoming issue of Celebrations Magazine.

BUT... ; there's a catch! ; You cannot post a photo that prominently features any of the four park icons, such as Cinderella Castle, Spaceship Earth, The Sorcerer Mickey Hat, or the Tree of Life. ; Creativity counts so be on top of your game. ; Entrants will submit the photo to a specified contest board that will be created, specifically for each park. ; Each of the winners will also receive a copy of the magazine in which their photo is published as a memento of your accomplishment.

Rules:
    1. ; Submit only one photo per park to the specified board in The Magic in Pixels Forum.
    2. ; Photos may not feature any characters or prominently recognizable Guests.
    3. ; Photos should not prominently feature any of the four park icons.
    4. ; Winners grant Celebrations Magazine the right to publish the photo in an upcoming magazine with no additional compensation.
    5. ; Winners will be contacted by email, requesting the winner's address and a full-res copy of the winning image.

Attached Files:

2. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

So I can't send in a candid photo of you and Gary per rule#2?

Sent from my iPhone...

3. Tim

Not if you want it published. ; They don't want to lose subscribers.

4. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Lmao! ; Love the idea! ; Looking forward to trying this while at this years Pixelmania!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Seriously though, for rule #2, when it says Characters does it mean Meet-n-Greet Characters or would a statue of some character be prohibited too?

Sent from my iPhone...

6. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Do we know when the issue will be coming out? Should be focus on Christmas stuff?

7. Tim

I think a statue is ok, but the walk-around, parade, meet/greet/ face characters, etc. would most likely be off limits.

8. Tim

Enter your best, most creative image. ; Those are the guidelines. ; The issue will come out after Christmas but the idea is to be creative.

9. mSummers

mSummers Member

Awesome idea! ; I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with

10. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. ; Good Luck to all!

11. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

This is going to be very interesting. ; Already I am trying to picture shots in my mind of what I might submit.

Sent from my iPhone...

12. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

Yep!! Me too. ; Should be very interesting.

13. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Will the photos be judged from the contest entries threads or will they be posted somewhere else for anonymous judging? ; If anonymity is important, I don't want to put a watermark on my entries.

14. Tim

I would just post the photos. ; The people doing the judging do not know you guys. ; I am not a judge.

15. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

What is the deadline for posting?

16. Tim

11:59 PM on December 31. ; So those of you who have been slacking might want to get on it. The magazine takes deadlines very seriously so please don't get left out.

17. Tim

REMINDER The deadline for entering the Celebrate the Magic photo contest in 12/31/2012 at 11:59pm. ;

Please be sure to get your entries in so that you can be a part of the fun!

18. Tim

REMINDER #2
    The deadline for entering the Celebrate the Magic photo contest in 12/31/2012 at 11:59pm. ;

Please be sure to get your entries in so that you can be a part of the fun!