Changes to 2008 Magic Your Way Vacation Packages

Discussion in 'Disney News, Rumors and Current Events' started by Northern Sorcerer Mickey, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Changes to 2008 Magic Your Way Vacation Packages
    The most important change for 2008 that affects vacation packages is Disney's new method of pricing of hotel rooms. ; Weekend nights (Friday and Saturday) will be priced higher than weeknights (Sunday through Thursday).

[​IMG]

The other big changes for 2008 are related to the Dining Plan options:

The Dining Plan no longer includes gratuities or an appetizer for your table service meal (tax is still included). ; If you want to take advantage of all Disney has to offer by having dinner with Mickey or lunch in France, then the dining plan is for you as it continues to work out much cheaper. ; The Disney Dining Plan will now save you 30-35% on the cost of food.

A new Deluxe Dining Plan is available for $69.99USD/adult and $19.99USD/child (ages 3-9) per night. With this new plan, each guest receives 3 meals and 2 snacks per night. You can choose from table service or counter service for each meal (so if you can eat that much food, you might as well opt for all table service meals). The table service meals include appetizer, entrée, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage. "Signature Restaurants" still count as 2 table service meals with this plan. ; In addition, you also receive a refillable mug per person, to be used at your resort.

A "Wine & Dine" Plan can be added on to any package that includes dining for $39.99USD per night. This allows you to enjoy one bottle of wine per night from a selected list.

For 2008, you can choose from the following Magic Your Way package options:

Disney’s Magic Your Way Package – The base package helps you experience the magic of a Walt Disney World vacation at an affordable rate. The package includes accommodations at a Disney-owned-and-operated resort hotel, and Magic Your Way tickets for everyone in the group.

Disney’s Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining Plan – This package includes everything from the Disney’s Magic Your Way Package, and adds a dining plan that includes two meals and a snack per person, per package night at more than 100 restaurants across the Walt Disney World Resort.

Disney’s Magic Your Way Package Plus Deluxe Dining Plan – This package includes everything from the Disney’s Magic Your Way Package, and adds a dining plan that includes three meals and two snacks per person, per package night at more than 100 restaurants across the Walt Disney World Resort. Unlike the regular Dining Plan, lunch and dinner on this plan include an appetizer. This plan also includes a resort refillable mug per person.

Disney’s Magic Your Way Premium Package – This deluxe package includes everything from Disney’s Magic Your Way Package as well as breakfast, lunch, dinner and two snacks each day, along with other exciting options like recreation, theme park tours, admission to the Cirque du Soleil show La Nouba and more.

Disney’s Magic Your Way Platinum Package - In addition to your hotel room and tickets, this "ultimate luxury" plan includes breakfast, lunch, dinner and two snacks each day, unlimited recreation, unlimited select tours, reserved seating for Fantasmic!, private golf lessons, one selected spa treatment, tickets for Cirque du Soleil La Nouba, unlimited child care in the resort Child Activity Centers, in-room child care, Fireworks Cruise, itinerary planning, Platinum Plan keepsake and turndown service.

2. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

I always thought the Dining plan was a good deal with alot of food. I can't imaging eating the amout of food you would receive in the Delux Plan with that much food I don'tnow if you would have time for anything else but eating. Sorcerer do you know if the price of the Dining plan is staying the same or is it being reduced by the gratuity amount LOL.

3. The Price of the 'Basic' Dining plan actually went down $1. This does not make up for the gratuity but I think that we may get better service.

I do agree that the deluxe plan does include a lot of food. The only way I can see this being worth it is if you were going to some of the signature restaurants and/or staying at a resort with a table service breakfast.

Still overall a good value. I think I calculated it out of saving us (on our last trip) over $200.