Child Left In Stroller At Disney World

Discussion in 'Disney News, Rumors and Current Events' started by CameraGirl, Jun 27, 2007.

1. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

Central Florida News 13 - A mother and father are facing child neglect charges after deputies say they left their young child in the hot sun at Disney World.

According to the Osceola County Sheriff's Office, Danette and Juan Rodriguez left the 3-year-old sitting in a stroller in the sun while they went on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.

The little girl was there for 45 minutes.

By the time anyone noticed, the girl was unresponsive due to heat exhaustion and had to be revived by paramedics.

The parents were arrested without incident.

The girl was placed with relatives.

Deputies and the Department of Children and Families continue their

What next!!!

2. highland3

highland3 Member

Yet more proof that people should have to apply for their parent's license!!! ; :mad:

3. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

That's Ridiculous. There is no reason to ever leave a child alone expecially at Disney. Even the rides the child cannot ride on have baby swap. These people don't deserve to be called parents. Thank God the paramedics were able to revive he. Second thought why did it take 45 minutes for anyone to notice?

4. That is truly heartbreaking - you know, though, that sometimes it's a cultural thing. ; My daughter went to school with many children with parents who were working in Canada as diplomats. ; There were several parents of European descent that would leave their kids in the sroller outside the school while they brought their school-age kiddies inside to get settled - with no one to watch the wee-ones. ; Obviously, the Canadians didn't respond well to that, and we were fearful of abduction, etc. - but the response that we got (and obviously, this isn't the general case, I'm saying in this particular case) was that the person did this all the time at home, and what was the big deal. The school principal worked with the parent to find another solution that put safety first.

Now, heat exhaustion is quite another kettle of fish... and leaving a kid while you go on a ride is inexcusable to me, but you never know what cultural differences might've come into play...

5. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Truly sad. I feel for that little girl. What a tragic environment to be raised in. If the parents judgement is so poor they left her out in the sun imagine what goes on in the home.

As for kids being abducted by strangers, it does happen but children, unfortunately, are in danger more frequently of being harmed by someone they already know.

[​IMG]

6. tinkerbell

tinkerbell Member

wholy-how terrible. Why didn't they TAKE the child with them or just skip the damn ride.