Classic Florida Sunshower

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by zackiedawg, Aug 29, 2009.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Just home from work, and jumping on the web this evening, when just before dinner I noticed that unique and odd color glowing through the windows from outside that usually means 'cool Florida sunset'. ; But instead of a glorious glowing sunset sky of orange clouds, I found the off colors were from a nice rainstorm that had floated by just a bit before sunset - the sun shining through the rain and clouds was creating a lovely soft color. ; I had my T100 at my side as always, so I stepped out the front door and snapped a few shots of a Florida classic scene - a sunshower:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Facing east, the sky wasn't as dramatic, but the lovely golden hour glow and the shiny sheen left by the falling rain made the backyard lovely too (I jumped in the pool 5 minutes after the shot...couldn't resist!):

[​IMG]

Sometimes despite the heat and the bugs, you just gotta love Florida!

2. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Excellent- love the light in the first two especially.

3. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Great shots Justin! ; I really like the light through the trees in the first few.

4. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Thanks guys. ; The late day sun definitely made it a prettier sunshower than normal. ; I didn't have my DSLR charged up, but this is just the type of reason I've always been a two-camera person - the little compact doesn't do a lot of work, but when you absolutely positively want to get a shot, it's there and ready.