Cute doggie

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by HW, Dec 18, 2008.

1. HW

HW Member

neighbors Shih-ztu Oscar
    one of the cutest dogs I have ever seen

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

very cute... nice detail in the face.

3. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Those eyes will definately win him a lot! :)

4. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

The Eyes Have It! ;)

My little Princess,

[​IMG]

5. HW

HW Member

Shih_tzu ??

I have a shi-poo 1/2 shih-tzu and 1/2 poodle adopted her from shelter in Philly

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

6. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

My Penny is indeed a Shi'tzu

She came from a breeder but we only have her because she has a deformed back leg.

She was born that way and it never slowed her down.

Your Suzy is adorable!

7. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

your suzie is an awesome dog, howie. personality galore. congrats again with her.

8. HW

HW Member

Thanx Tim
    Shih-tzu are my fav small breed. tons of personality. fav breed of all is German Shepherd
    someone sent me this pic. I love it

9. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

She really does have alot of personality. Great dog!~

We foster an 10yo Akita. Hubby likes the Big Dogs.

We became foster parents after our Akita passed of cancer.

10. HW

HW Member

Akitas are a gorgeous breed. look for a movie coming out with Richard Geer based on a true story about an Akita in 1920's Japan. Incredible story

11. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

They really are. I have an honest love for the breed now that we've had one of our own.

I heard! Well, actually saw...

Animal Planet was at an Akita picnic I went to showcasing the dog starring in the movie playing Hachiko.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a bit about the story via YouTube for those who haven't heard of Hachiko.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3s11acb7Z8

12. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Akita's are pretty. I love the shots here. I have a husky that is almost 9, and she is as playful today as she was when I got her 8 years ago.

[​IMG]

13. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

The German Shepard sign is too funny!

14. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

Awwww, PM she's beautiful!

15. HW

HW Member

huskies have great eyes and expressions

I am debating whether I want to see Hachiko's movie or not. An incredible story yet sad at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQx3bSvi ... re=related

I know I won't see Marley and Me. I read the book and man that last chapter was tough to read

16. Kiki

Kiki Member

Technically not a doggie, but cute nonetheless:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

I love your birds!

Do they know how to bark?

We had a pair of cockatiels given to us a long time ago. One went to a friend and we kept one. Nither are around anymore - I think they were a good age when we got them, not sure how old they were because the transfer was thru a moving company.

Birds are cool. Expensive to buy, but very, very cool~

18. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

I completely understand!

...same reason I won't watch the Perfect Storm :'(

and that Keanu Reeves football movie where the little kid dies,

and Old Yeller

:D

I like that they are making the movie of Hachiko. People will learn ALOT about Akitas from it.

Unfortunatley, and this was brought up on animal planet, the breed will become popular like when Dalmations come out and more will wind up in shelters because people didn't know what they were getting into :(

19. Kiki

Kiki Member

Thanks CM! Birds are indeed very cool. The expense of buying them is cheap in comparison to the expense of living with them...OY! They live as long as humans do, have the intelligence of a small child, have a PA system for making their demands well known to one and all, are naturally destructive because they should be living in the tree tops, are always curious, have a 10-20 foot debris field around their living spaces at all times (no matter how much you clean up after them), and have a demanding diet...but, they can be cute, loveable, enchanting, and entertaining at the same time. Bottom line is that parrots don't belong in captivity, but we have them and are commited to them and, consequently, are very, very glad we live in close proximity to WDW because we also can't leave them with a sitter. Two of the larger Macaws are on twice daily meds - for life!

To answer your question; they can bark, meow, quack, cackle, whistle, sing songs, talk in complete sentences - all at a volume that can make you cry. In the afternoon when the sun is going down it sometimes sounds like a cocktail party on Mars in their room.

20. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

Oh I know about all that too!

Thankfully, it's only because my next door neighbor has two :D

She has a grey (with a pink face) , sweetheart of a bird

and a loud, demanding, destructive Cockatoo.