DAK's 10th Anniversary

Discussion in 'Disney News, Rumors and Current Events' started by dcastcan, Apr 16, 2008.

1. dcastcan

dcastcan Member

April 22nd is the 10th anni of Disneys Animal Kingdom...and something big is going to be announced! Jane Goodall will be there to mark the occasion. What will it be? Any ideas? ;)

2. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

I had the chance to meet Jane when she spoke at the University Guelph back in 2003.

A producer and Journalist were in from Montreal who was working on a documentary of the famous primatologist.
    The soundman, usually ; I work alone but this was a big network show with lots of money, and I picked the rest of our crew for Pearson.

Jane spoke to an overflowing lecture hall, that I light, for close to 90 minutes. Then took questions from the keen audience. She eventually wrapped it up and we had 45 minutes with her for a one on one interview. Before she was off to next event in Toronto.

I had set up my lights earlier in an conference room with a view of the campus out the window.

Jane arrived sat down someone brought her a tea with the milk and sugar in the side, but nothing to stir it with.
    Jane asked if anyone had anything to stir her tea with. I offered the blade off of my mulit-tool the Leatherman Wave.

I told her that I'd head down to the washroom to clean ; the blade ,she said "don't worry about it". I opened the blade gave it to her she wiped the blade on her jeans then stirred up her tea with it. She looked at me and said "I've spent a lot of time in the jungle so I'm accustomed to less than ideal kitchen facilities".

It gave everyone in the room a good laugh.

Great woman whose done a lot of work supports care and research our distant cousins. No offence to folks who ; follow creationism
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. dcastcan

dcastcan Member

She is a great ambassador! I'm just curious if she's going to just be symbolic, or if she'll be part of the big event?

4. She is on my short list of persons to sit and have tea with. I think she doesn't have a mean bone in her body. Ham I am so jealous you actually got a chance to meet her.

5. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

That's one the bonuses of my job. I get access to some folks who have done really interesting things.

Down side is I see some of the sad things than humans do to each other.

Here's some of the famous/infamous people I've meet or seen up close.

Marc Garneau, Lady Diana, Pierre Elliot Trudeau, Pope John Paul II ( I was able to give my mother a rosary personally blessed by the Pope, Nelson Mandella, Jean Beliveau, Ronald Reagan, George Bush, George W.Bush Bill Clinton, Hillary Rodham Clinton, Gordon Pinset, Phil Colins, AC/DC, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Green Day, Henri Richard, Joe Clarke, Stephen Harper, Brian & Mila Mulroney ;Jean Chretin, John Turner, Kim Campbell,Paul Martin, Isabella Rosselini, Shania Twain, Martin short, Eugene Levy, Pelé, Brent Farve, Jeanne Benoit, David Suzuki, David Peterson, Bob Rae, Dalton McGuinty, Mike Harris, The Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles, Prince Harry, Prince William. Prince Edward, Lady Sarah Ferguson, Celeine Dion, Rene Levesque, Ken Dryden, Wayne Gretsky, William Shatner, Knowlton Nash, Peter Mansbridge, Barbara Frum, Ken Shaw, Lloyd Robertson, Gord Martineau, Richard Brown, Keith Morrison Peter Kent, Kevin Neuman, Bernard Dehrôme, Celeine Gallipeua, Roberta Bondar, Ben Johnson, Charles Pachter, Joe Carter, Al Gore, Paul Sorvino, Ginette Reno, Mitsou, Steve Tyler and Joe Perry from Aerosmith, Rush, Kim Mitchell, Andy Kim, Madonna, Jeff Healey and many more.

Places & things I've seen & been through work

Mission Control in Houston, outside on the roof of the CN tower, Disney Animation Studio, Stanley Cup, Crown Jewels, Houston, New York, Spring Training for baseball in Florida twice, too many locker rooms with overpaid millionaires, boring city council meetings, even more boring school board meeting, protests, explosions , Auto Plants of Ford, Toyota, Chrysler, GM & Susuzki,research facilities, pathogen laboratories, implosions, secret hydro control centres, giant green houses kilometers in length, sewers, all types of aircraft, war ships, tanks, ride along with police officers, inside of prisons, open heart surgery, psychiatric facilities, clean rooms, super clean rooms, sanitay land fills toxic waste disposal facilities,subway tunnels, the top of a wind powered turbine, beside a nuclear reactor, chemo therapy, dialysis treatments, parent struggling for support of their sick children, too many crime scenes, too many funerals, Trenton Air Base when our fallen soldiers come home.

Openings of airports, schools hospitals, seniors centres, day care centres, half way houses, prisons, subway lines & manufacturing facilities.

6. amw

amw Member

Well, Jim Hill has been discussing the return to the 5th land of AK, as well as "Night Kingdom" as a private add-on park to AK:

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/ ... eback.aspx

The cynic in me thinks if they were going to annouce a new park, or new ride even on April 22nd, there would already be evidence of them. Look how long Disney took to "announce" the DVC construction at the Contemporary!

They're probably just going to annouce some green initiatives Disney is taking. ; ???

7. dcastcan

dcastcan Member

Well they did change the name of the worldwide wildlife fund...that could be a portion.

Could be the 5th park, could be a new e-ticket, could be expansion of the monorail, could be a new land at dak (beastly, australia)...always fun huh!

8. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

anyone know what the announcement was?