Disney World tunnel system. Fact or fiction?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by realfam, Oct 6, 2009.

1. realfam

realfam Member

I'm sure you've all heard that beneath the Magic Kingdom lays a network of tunnels for cast members to get around unseen by the guest. ; If you ever wondered about this, watch this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SdQXWkDP5Q&NR=1

2. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

Sean and I went to the keys to the kingdom tour and we did get to go in the tunnels for a bit. ; It was very interesting.

3. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Here is another fact, main street USA and the rest of the magic kingdom is built on the second level of Disney. they came in and built the tunnels at sea level and then covered over the tunnels with dirt they dug for the seven seas lagoon and then they built the magic kingdom over it.

4. realfam

realfam Member

I know that is such a cool fact!

5. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

If not prudent while at Disney money dissapears from wallets and credit charges arrive about 3 weeks after the trip. ;D

6. obo101

obo101 Member

That is very cool.

7. This is very cool. ; I have an uncle who is retired US military, and he's taken on a second career with Disney (been there 20 years now). He's always told us about the tunnels, and how employees/ cast members can get to where they need to be - it's also key for characters especially - e.g., Mulan will never show up in Tomorrowland (the video talks about the Walt's determination after DL experience.)

One fact I picked up this past trip from my uncle, that I didn't know about, is that Epcot has a minor underground (well - after watching the video talk about the swamp, I guess main floor) as well. ; It's no where near as extensive as MK, and is just in the main hub at the entrance - but there is some stuff there too.

The video is very cool. ; Going to send that to some clients.