Letchworth State Park

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by Scottwdw, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I'm enjoying it. I'm not versed in a lot of what it can do yet. It was overcast for much of the day I was at Letchworth and skys look mostly blow out. A2's Recovery slider handled that great. I never had an editor that showed me under and overexposed area before which is a great guide. I know you don't always have to eliminate them but, for these images, it helped a lot.

I also used your formula and applied Highlights and Shadows adjustments after using the Difinition slider. The Vibrancy slider helped bring up the colors in a couple of the photos, too.

Question on sharpening though. When I zoom in to set it, I don't see a lot of difference. That's a good thing, yes? The overall results look fine.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

I haven't used the Loupe to apply sharpening. I just do it from the fit to window view and sharpen based on how I like it there; I have caught it oversharpening so I go back and fix it.

But one thing I noticed is that my D300 needs more of the RAW adj. than my M3 did; I think the AA filter on the D300 is the culprit. Before I stamped the RAW 2.0 processing to all of my images from some Cub Scout stuff last night I thought I was looking at my M3 all over again with focus problems galore...I was wrong.

3. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

No, not the loupe, I press Z in full screen mode to zoom in and then apply sharpening. I don't know if sharpening will work with the loupe (which btw is a cool tool when you turn on the RGB color indicator).

As for the D300, I know there's a lot of settings to optimize the images in the camera but I think only Capture NX can take full advantage of that. Since I shoot JPEG with my D70, that's what my Master files are and not RAW. A2 handles the JPEGs very well.