lunar eclipse coming up

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by Dan, Feb 16, 2008.

1. JeremyES

JeremyES Member

I got lucky and the clouds blew away for a clear view for most of the event. I took a ton of pictures with my new Olympus 18x Ultrazoom from my second floor roof. None are amazing, but there is that certain satification of having taken my own photos of a lunar event. I had no real idea what settings to use, so I did a lot of guesswork. The third shot is an 8 minute exposure.

There are lots more of these here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeremyes/s ... 953829282/

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

nice work, folks. thanks for sharing.

3. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Great job zackiedawg!

Jeremy ES - I especially like #3

4. JeremyES

JeremyES Member

Thanks. I love when I take neat photos by accident.

5. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Thank you Pixie!

6. scpergj

scpergj Member

Here are a couple I took...warning, they aren't that good, but I did learn some interesting things about my D80.

I put my camera on the tripod in the driveway, first with the 18-55 3.5-5.6, at 55mm (which means 5.6), aperture priority, using the timer since I don't have a remote yet...
    [​IMG]

yes, it is a bit blurry, but it is interesting. Nowhere near as nice as the earlier posts!

Here, I switched to my (only at this time) other lens, my Nikkor 50mm 1.8. I again shot using aperture priority, but this time it was 1.8, but at 50mm. All the rest of the variables are the same. This shot was taken about 35 minutes later than the above.

[​IMG]

This time the moon blew out...I need to work on that. However, I was blown away with the rest of the picture...the clouds, and mostly the stars! After this shot I went in to download the pictures and see what adjustments I needed to make, but the battery died in my camera! I know better than that...I think I could have taken some interesting images, but it'll have to wait until 2010...

Kevin

7. mSummers

mSummers Member