Magic Kingdom Enhancements

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Scottwdw, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

As announced on the Disney Blog:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... s-gardens/

Special Viewing Area is code for $$$. ; Saw this time and again at Disneyland for fireworks shows. ; The more you spend, the better the view without having to stand in line or get a FP. ; I would rather pay an increase in the passess...wait, they did that, too. ; :-[

2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Special viewing area also means for your one e ticket FP+ you get a day.

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

One of those good/bad enhancements...sign of the times - in one way, it will make that area less congested especially during parades - and for those of us simply trying to get through that area as fast as possible en route to other parts of the park, not bad. ; Yet at the same time, it takes away some of the pretty theming, including the bridge, the waterside seating, and the separation from Tomorrowland Terrace, and makes it more 'genericized' - and of course allows them to further close off certain areas of the park for more profit. ; Oh well. ; I'll enjoy the good, and try to ignore the not so good. ; As it is, I rarely stay for parades and fireworks at MK because of how crowded it gets, and how more and more areas are cordoned off for 'special viewing' areas...this sounds like a notch worse. ; Same for Epcot, who long ago wiped out most of the nicest waterside viewing areas as special 'reserved' areas...fortunately, that show is large enough and the perimeter of the lagoon is broad enough, that you can still watch the show without feeling too crowded and without paying more money. ; So far!