May 2015 Flower Wars weekend mini meet!

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by Joanie Eddis-Koch, Jan 1, 2015.

1. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Joanie's correct, they do run buses as early as 6:30 am. Michael and I took the Marceline tour last October and got there so early that there was only one security guard at bag check. We had a long, intersesting conversation before the rest of the security crew showed up.

I just got the updated park hours. Nothing has changed for DHS/SWW (8 am - 10 pm Fri-Sun) but they are now showing 9:45 pm as the time for Symphony in the Stars. Plan accordingly.

Now if they'd only announce the guests already! I think this is the latest they've ever waited.

2. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

My main concern was weather they would let us in before 8 for an 8:10 reservation. And then will they allow us to use that advantage to jump in the front of the line for Mine Train before we check in.

@rocket2722 Great minds think alike! We will see you at BOG Breakfast and San Angel Dinner!

Nice to see that they have the fireworks listed on the schedule. Maybe thats a sign that the celebrities will be announced soon.

3. Wow, that's interesting as far as the 8am park opening. I have no idea how they would do it then as we will only make early AM ADR's for days that the park opens at 9 am. The earliest that the restaurant will start taking seating is 8am.

In light of this I would definitely get there EARLY to be at the front of the line for that 7:50 am entry. They may even make park entry earlier to avoid the rope drop conniptions. I know that between Anna and Elsa and the mine train they had to start using the rope again and walk people to that area because of all the stampeding by people to get a jump on the stand by line.

If I had to guess I would imagine that they would start the rope drop entry at 7:50 for all people trying to get into the park, not just for ADR's, thus erasing any advantage that you might manage to achieve. I do know that a lot of people try to do the toy story thing with the Mine Train and get there 1st thing for a spot in the stand by line. Josh from Easy WDW says that if you are not at the very front of the rope drop line when trying to do park opening stand by for Mine train the waits can quickly build to an hour.

Another option is to ask the concierge at your resort if they can hook you up with a 4th FP+ for the mine train ride. It's a loooong shot but it might help your situation and get you one for the Mine train. I know a couple of months ago people were stating that at the DELUXE resorts the concierges were able to give out a 4th FP+ AT the resort. (not at guest services at the parks)

~Joanie

4. Sean

Sean Administrator Staff Member

Me and Karen are in

Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.
  5. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

Did your facebook DVC request work out or did you just borrow back your own points?

Make sure you read through this thread. We have a couple ADRs if you are interested in trying to join us. None of the SWW FP+ stuff has been released yet so we do not have any of the shows scheduled yet.

See ya in May!

6. Sean

Still waiting on Red and Gary, See what happened is I banked my points in Jan so because of that I can't use them until my 2015 use year which is like 18 days AFTER i want to go. So Red and Gary are considering lending me points and then in June i will use my banked points and book their trip for them.

7. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

I would love to sneak down for some Flower and Garden fun. One of my favorite events of the year. Can't do SWW yet... my kids are still too little for all of the standing around and waiting.

8. Sean

Just got my DVC all booked up. So we are going. What open ADRs are there?

@Tim you thinking about coming down?

Are each of you doing your own thing or do you have a schedule setup for what days you will be in what parks?

9. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

We don't really have any group schedule. We are all arriving/departing on different days. The main focus is Star Wars Weekends with some Flower and Garden mixed in. Since the SWW show schedule is yet to be released, we have not made any plans for the 15th-17th yet.

Dennis and I are doing Kona breakfast at 7:30AM on the 13th, Mike arrives around noon that day. This day will be a mix of MK and Epcot for me. Feel free to book an ADR for a similar time if you want to get together.

My Family and Mike have BOG breakfast at 8AM on the 14th, then the six of us have an ADR for San Angel Inn at 6:45PM. If you want to try to book something there near that time feel free.

The 15th is dedicated to opening day of SWW, arriving at Studios parking lot by hopefully 7:15. The rest of the weekend will focus on seeing all that SWW offers; a full day on friday, then some partial days to catch anything we missed.

The 18th we have the Star Wars Dine-In Galactic Breakfast! at Sci-Fi at 8AM, I think the 6 of us are all in, but this reservation was made back in December so you may be out of luck there.

Not sure if you are interested in the Feel The Force Premium package, or whatever they will call it this year. It has not been released yet. We did it last year, but it will be different this year without the BAH, so we may do it again depending on price.

Also, I plan on getting Memory Maker. Let me know if you are interested and we can connect our accounts and split costs.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  10. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

@Sean though crossed my mind just because I really want to see F&G at Epcot... love it. Would probably just be Ryan and me.

11. Sean

I can't believe i did this.. but i signed up for touring plans to test it out.

12. Sean

@ExploringWDW Karen tells me we are going splits with you on Memory Maker if you are still offering.

I need to read up on it .. i do not know anything about it.

13. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

@Sean I think the only drawback for the people that are sharing is that only the person who actually paid for it has access to download the photos. Everyone can see them though and they can all be downloaded as one big zip file. If you know anyone who knows anything about web servers or internet ftp and stuff like that it should not be an issue... :)

Sean likes this.
  14. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

I have been a subscriber for several years. Its totally worth it for $10 a year. That's less than maintenance on 2 DVC points. Their park hours and show schedules are more up to date than Disney's web site.

The optimizer usually works great but sometimes it recommends a plan that makes no sense. I usually try the "Optimize" and then if things don't look right or if I just want to do it different I reorder and use the "Evaluate" button. Its great for things like working the live performances in to your plan because of the odd times.

Even if I never use the plan, its just fun for tech/Disney geeks to mess with...

Sean likes this.
  15. mSummers

mSummers Member

I have been a subscriber for a couple of years as well. I don't use the plan functions at all, just the wait times which I find to be more accurate than Disney's

ExploringWDW likes this.
  16. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

In the old days, Photopass sharing meant that everyone pooled their photos and whoever bought the CD would make copies for everyone else. This should work now on a downloaded zip file, shouldn't it?

I've also used TouringPlans for several years. If you pay $10, you haven't looked hard enough; discount codes abound. Since I go often enough that I don't have to see everything, I use it more for the crowd calendar than anything else. I also like their lines app; it works when others don't, and it's has a very low bandwidth design. I currently have subscriptions for WDW and Universal.

17. Sean

Thinking about setting up a Tusker Reg for a late night in AK that way we can take a very slow walk out of the park. If your interested let me know.

18. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

I guess "In the old days" one person would have to collect all the photopass cards from everyone and enter them all in their photopass account and then they get all the photos and distribute them. Now the photopass cards are your magicband and everyone who has their account linked to the person with the Memory Maker can see and purchase any of the photos. However, only the person that actually bought the Memory Maker can download them as part of the package.

Until I actually looked into the logistics of sharing the Memory Maker, I assumed anyone linked would have full access to download the photos as part of the package. Since that's not the case, I want to make sure anyone that wants to share my purchase understands that they will be relying on me to get the photos to them.

It does look like anyone linked can customize the photos (crop/borders/stickers) from their account and then once they are done I should be able to download them with the customization.

19. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

I might be interested depending on what day.

@Sean what dates are you in WDW?

20. Sean

We are heading down on the 12 and coming back on the 24th.. We should get in around 300 on the 12th.