Pentax WG-2... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by RedOctober25, May 18, 2013.

1. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I'm looking for a rugged point and shoot for my upcoming Alaskan Cruise and subsequent outdoor use. ; Looks like this pentax fits the bill but was wondering if anyone else had thoughts on this or another durable P&S. ; I am still taking the nex-7 on the trip, just wasn't sure I wanted to risk the camera while going salmon fishing in Ketchikan though.

http://m.pentaximaging.com/digital-camera/Optio_WG-2_Black

Sent from my iPhone...

2. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Okay, found out that this is the discontinued model. ; So looking at the WG-3 model...

Sent by using Tapatalk...

3. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Red, I had looked at this one before I picked up my Fuji WP10. ; I ended up going with price rather than features mainly because eventually the seals will fail and then you lose the camera.

One of the really nice features of the Pentax is the built in LED macro lighting.

4. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I don't necessarily expect to scuba dive or go snorkeling with this, so as long as the seals hold out the rain and mud for a few years that's all I would need.

Sent from my iPhone...

5. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

In that case the Pentax is a good choice, mainly because of the macro ability.