Pixelmania 2014 dates

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by ddindy, Jan 27, 2014.

1. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

If I can make it this year I could sure use some help with camera settings, etc.

; Jackie

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

It is a great place to have fun and learn as well!

3. lightslicer

lightslicer Member

Im thinking ; about this one....may need a room mate...( DH has sworn off disney for a WHILE because of the MM+ ; :-\) ; .not many ladies on the list-hmm... still pondering....luckily- I can drive- and make a last minute decision...if i have to...

Peg

4. lightslicer

lightslicer Member

I will be there- but arriving on Monday and leaving on Friday....so will catch ya'll for a couple days. Staying at Animal Kingdom- wait listed for a Savannah view- keeping fingers crossed.

5. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Very cool Peg! Looking forward to it! Looks like MK on that Thursday, unless we swap with Epcot due to drunks at Food and Wine.

6. lightslicer

lightslicer Member

Woo hoo- less than 36 hours my wait list for the savannah view came through.....officially too excited to sleep...Having stayed there before- it never gets old :)

7. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thats awesome!!! We are staying in a savannah in August, so I understand!

8. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

Would love to attend and learn some more about photography!

9. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

@Jennifer the welcome mat is always out for new friends!

10. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

Thank You Tim! Looking forward to meeting you and some new friends

11. Justman1020

Justman1020 Member

I will be there for atleast one day, but my pass expires in september, so the day i go will be determined on when i can get in as a guest from a friend.

12. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I am eagerly looking forward to this year's event. I have learned so much from you all and the company is always great

13. lightslicer

lightslicer Member

Looking like it aint gonna happen for me this year- moving reservations to the last week in ?January adding an extra night- its all good- wish I was going- but sometimes things just dont line up no matter how hard you trying.

14. Justman1020

Justman1020 Member

Also, if anyone is staying in town an extra day-the 20th is my birthday! I will probably be either at disney on my birthday, or Universal.

15. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

We're hard at work planning Pixelmania. To give you some help with advance planning, here is the tentative park-of-the-day schedule:

Thursday, Oct. 16: Epcot
    Friday, Oct. 17: Magic Kingdom and MNSSHP
    Saturday, Oct. 18: Animal Kingdom
    Sunday, Oct. 19: Hollywood Studios

You'll notice that Thursday and Friday have been flipped from the usual December schedule; we did this in October 2011 as well. The point is to avoid the weekend Food & Wine crowds by going to Epcot on Thursday. Unfortunately, this also means going to MNSSHP on a Friday that has no discounts whatsoever.

So if you're an advance planner like me, it should be safe to get a Halloween party ticket for October 17.

Now for the important question about MNSSHP: Are we going to dress alike like we did last time? Do we want to wear our tombstone shirts again, or does someone have a fun, new idea?

16. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Let's all dress up like Photopass Photographers... :p

17. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

It seems like every year someone suggests that we get shirts that say "We are NOT Photopass photograpers!" I think we should do it.

WDWFigmentGary likes this.
  18. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

That was my surprise tee from the second PixelMania if I remember correctly.

Here is a mock up of a full print custom tee...

[​IMG]

19. mSummers

mSummers Member

The photopass costume is tempting, but with all the trouble we have with guests confusing us for the real ones, dressing like them may bring unwanted attention.

20. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

It definitely would, but it's fun to imagine.