~ Pixelmania 2017 Signup ~

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by mSummers, Jun 30, 2017.

1. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Got her added to the DVC list...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.
  2. Steve Ashe

Steve Ashe Member

Hi Group - I'm Steve Ashe. I live in North Palm Beach, dig photography and am coming to Disney next week 12/5 - 12/8. I met another group member (Justin) a few weeks ago and he mentioned Pixelmania. Sounds like a blast!!! I'm in for a few days.

Would love to hear suggestion(s) on which lenses to bring. Thinking Sony A7R2 with 28mm / 2 and Rokinon 14 mm lens. Maybe my 70-200 mm as well. Yes.

Steve Ashe
    cantfindmymail@gmail.com

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Welcome Steve! Sound like the 3 lenses you have hit a good range. I myself am bringing a 50mm/1.4 and 12-24mm with a 18-270mm to round it out. I also rented a 20mm/1.8 since I use a 1.5 crop body and I am curious what the wider look will be on some of the dark rides. Looking forward to meeting you next week!

WDWFigmentGary likes this.
  4. mSummers

mSummers Member

Welcome Steve! I think we have a couple folks who shoot with or have shot with that body. @gary @zackiedawg any Lens recommendations for Steve?

5. Welcome Steve, hope you get to hang out with us next week. Great bunch of people. I am bringing 50 1.8, Rok 14mm, 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8 and maybe my Sigma 120-400. Canon 5D Mark III, Canon 1D Mark III. See you real soon.

Gary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Steve Ashe

Steve Ashe Member

Cool!!! Thanks guys and gals. I'll certainly be at some of the events next week.

mSummers likes this.
  7. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Hey Steve - glad you found your way to the site! Always nice to shoot with you out in the wetlands, so it will be nice to have you along with our Disney group too.

I think the 3 lenses you mention would all be good to bring - you likely won't need the 70-200mm except at Animal Kingdom, but it's very useful there. You've got a wide and a standard, so that should do well. If you have any kind of 'kit' walkaround zoom, might be useful to have as well.

8. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Welcome Steve... also, don’t forget to sign up for any of the dining reservations you are interested in. See you next week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. gary

gary Member

welcome steve, i too shoot sony and will be a7r2, possibly r3, with 12-24 f4, 24-70 f2.8 gm, either 70-200 f4 or 70-300 f4.5-5.6, haven't made up my mind yet on that one, and also the 28 f2

10. mSummers

mSummers Member

Due to some unforeseen issues with the app company we used last year, we aren't able to get a custom app in place for this year. Instead, we're going to use the messaging app, GroupMe. While lacking some of the features of last year's app, GroupMe provides a chat function and a calendar. Please download the app and join the Pixelmania Group. After you've downloaded the app and have created a user account, please use the following link to join the Pixelmania group: https://groupme.com/join_group/2930609/Z8e2jP

If you have any trouble, we can add people to the group individually.

11. skupaychck

skupaychck Member

I am new, but I love photography and Disney! My name is Susan. I hope I get to chat with some of you. I am local, so my work schedule will dictate when I can meet up during Pixelmania.

12. Welcome Susan!
    The great thing about connecting to the Pixelmania event is that you can come and go as you please. There will be people coming with their families. Families always love "waiting" for the photographer to finish getting shots so they actively encourage the camera bug to leave them alone and join our group.

If you have a family like mine they completely give up trying to hang with me and they just let me do my photography thing.

We look forward to having you join us. Be sure to download the GROUPME phone app and join our Pixelmania group. That way we can communicate back and forth and provide information as to our whereabouts. You can send us messages and ask us questions as well

https://groupme.com/join_group/2930609/Z8e2jP

~Joanie

skupaychck likes this.
  13. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Welcome, @skupaychck

skupaychck likes this.
  14. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Welcome, @Steve Ashe