PIXELMANIA 2022 Dec 7th (Wed.) to Sunday Dec. 11th

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by Joanie Eddis-Koch, Jan 7, 2022.

1. The dates for the December 2022 Pixelmania are Wednesday Dec. 7th to Sunday Dec. 11th 2022, with the Pre-Meet up dinner on Wednesday Dec.

Resort rates are insane just about everywhere so the sooner you book, no matter where you stay, the less you may wind up paying.

It will also help to make your Park Reservations as soon as we announce the park of the day. We endeavor to determine that as soon as we can. Keep in mind that we are limited by what information Disney is releasing.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
  2. This post is reserved for sign ups to attend Pixelmania.
    Please post your dates and the location where you are staying.

1. Joanie Sun. Dec. 4th to Friday Dec. 16th, Hawthorn Suites Lake Buena Vista.
    2. Nancy (and Michele) Tues Dec 6th to Wed Dec 14th - Pop Century
    3. Gary Flying down on friday Dec. 2, but homeless, so will be living in the streets panhandling for change. Checking in to Disney on Saturday Dec. 3rd to monday dec 12, @ Beach Club Villas.
    4. Red 12/1 (THU) to 12/16 (FRI) at AKL (Kidani). However, it will change by one day (not sure if front or back end of trip) once the airlines have finalized their schedules. I’ll be there for two weeks total, just unsure of it being Thur-to-Thur (1-15)or if it will be Fri-to-Fri (2-16).
    5. Justin ( and friend) I'm booked at DVC Boardwalk 1-bedroom villa, checking in Dec 7th, and checking out Dec 12th.
    5. Dennis Pop Century Dec. 6-12 then Hawthorn Suites Lake Buena Vista Dec. 12-16

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
  3. gary

gary Member

gary friday dec 2 to monday dec 12, beach club villas

slight correction, checking into beach club saturday 12/3, probably flying down friday 12/2 so i can activate my pass for saturday, will stay off property friday night somewhere

Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
    Joanie Eddis-Koch and Nancy AK like this.
  4. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I’m currently booked from 12/1 (THU) to 12/16 (FRI) at AKL (Kidani). However, it will change by one day (not sure if front or back end of trip) once the airlines have finalized their schedules. I’ll be there for two weeks total, just unsure of it being Thur-to-Thur (1-15)or if it will be Fri-to-Fri (2-16).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joanie Eddis-Koch and Nancy AK like this.
  5. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I'm booked at DVC Boardwalk 1-bedroom villa, checking in Dec 7th, and checking out Dec 12th.

Nancy AK and Joanie Eddis-Koch like this.
  6. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

IF Amanda ends up getting her study abroad taken care of, I will be using all my Pixelmania funds to head to Italy next fall to visit her. So I am once again TBD.

Nancy AK likes this.
  7. :eek:

8. gary

gary Member

don't make me speak to your wife again

9. I know, right?
    His daughter is certainly sick of him by now. It's not like she's going to be picking him up from the airport or anything.

I'm fairly certain she has a restraining order against him in Florida. It looks like Interpol is going to be called if he gets past airport security and gets on that plane.

jbwolffiv and Nancy AK like this.
  10. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I finally got around to doing some planning. Here's where I'll be going broke at during the Pre-Meet up dinner that is apparently scheduled to last for five days:
    Pop Century Dec. 6-12

And here's where I will be getting a really good price on a bigger (if slightly more worn) room for the Post-Meet digestion period:
    Hawthorn Suites Lake Buena Vista Dec. 12-16

If you're like me and are too cheap to spend a full paycheck on an annual pass, Undercover Tourist is having a pre-price-increase sale on regular tickets. I purchased a ten-day park hopper from them and saved $50.

11. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

Gillian and I will not be attending this year. We are taking her daughter and son in law and the granddaughter in May and blowing a year+ of DVC points on a two bedroom at Kidani. I know its crazy, since when do we bring the kids?

Of course with covid we had almost a full two years of DVC points to play with so we are also going just ourselves late August/early September with a stop in SC to see my parents.

And for the May trip we also scored reservations for Moonlight Magic at Studios on the 24th. We'll be looping RotR with the other 10,000 DVC members for four hours that night. Hopefully B Mode Kylo will be reprogrammed to hand out the free Mickey Bars.

jbwolffiv and Nancy AK like this.
  12. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Noooooooo…. Well, you will be missed. And hopefully see you next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

Sorry you won’t be attending in December. See you in 2023

Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
    ExploringWDW likes this.
  14. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

We just finalized travel plans for December. We’ll be at Pop Century December 6-13. I’d like to do either Keys to the Kingdom or Africa Trek. Any advice on if one is better then the other? Thank you

WDWFigmentGary likes this.
  15. There is always the chance that the family will ditch you and you'll have no one to hang with except us.

That's the story I'm going with...

Have a fun time on your trips ( with out us) if that's even possible.

:p

~Joanie

Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
  16. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I've heard a rumor that there are hotels all around Orlando that you can stay at. They accept money. Don't be a DVC snob!

Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.
  17. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

Really? The biggest penny pincher in all of Pixelmania is telling me to spend more money? If you book two more Disney trips and join us in May and August we'll come down in December. Even though you're "too cheap to spend a full paycheck on an annual pass" I hear Disney will accept your money for park park admission for any days you want!

We'll miss you the most Dennis! Love ya buddy!

jbwolffiv likes this.
  18. Well THAT took a turn....
    :D

jbwolffiv and ExploringWDW like this.