PM2010 - RedOctober25's Advanced Dining Reservations for Groups

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by RedOctober25, May 27, 2010.

1. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

So I figured I would start a new thread for anyone that is going to make Advanced Dining Reservations and is willing to have other PixelMania Attendees tag-along. ; As I said in the post under the "Announcing PM" thread, I will be making a few reservations myself starting in 5 days when I am 180 days out. ; Just post a reply with the restaurant, day, time, and number of seats. ; Of course the post will need to be updated as seats are taken. ; I would suspect that if there was enough interest, that this topic could be moved into a static forum so that the restaurant reservations were each their own thread. ; But Tim would have to make that call at whatever point he chooses.

2. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

At least it can start to generate interest at this point. ; Good thought.

3. ELinder

ELinder Member

Well, I've never been able to get into the SciFi diner, so if anyone makes a reservation there, count me in.

Erich

4. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Re: PM2010 - RedOctober25's Advanced Dining Reserv

Okay, since it looked like Hollywood Studios would most likely be on either Saturday or Sunday of Pixelmania (hopefully) I made reservations at the Sci-Fi Drive-In for both nights (and will cancel one of the two once the schedule is finalized). ; So, here is the first Group ADR...

Hollywood Studios (12/4)
    Sci-Fi Drive-In
    @ 5:10
    with a party of 6.

1) Redoctober (Jeffrey)
    2) Redoctober Tagalong (Dean)
    3) ELinder (Erich)
    4) HauntedDoc
    5)
    6)

Just let me know if you want to add your name to the reservation. ; First Come, First Served for the three (then possibly four) open spots. ; Please be aware that if the Pixelmania schedule does not have us at Hollywood Studios on either day, the reservation will be cancelled.

5. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

So here's another one (again, making the assumption of the schedule being close to that of last year)...

EPCOT (Fri, 12/3)
    San Angelo Inn (Mexico Pavillion)
    @ 5:30pm
    Group Reservation for 6

1) Redoctober25 (Jeffrey)
    2) Redoctober Tagalong (Dean)
    3) ZackieDawg (Justin)
    4) HauntedDoc
    5) Gary
    6)

Just post a reply that you would like to join the group for dinner. ; Be aware however that the reservation will be cancelled if the Pixelmania Schedule does not have us in EPCOT on that Friday.

6. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

San Angel sounds good - always a favorite of mine. ; If it fits into Pixelmania's Epcot day, I'm all for that one. ; Add me in if you don't mind!

7. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Yeah, I have never eaten at San Angel(o) Inn, only the lakeside "Cafe". ; I think that the "Night-time" atmosphere of the Market inside the temple confused me into not wanting to go into the temple anymore.

8. Stitch

Stitch Member

Anyone worried that ADRs will be in short supply now that free dining has been extended till Dec 21?

9. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

The Free Dining promotion is not occuring during "The Week"

10. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I heard that free dining is based on your check-in date, so anyone checking in as late as Dec. 2 qualifies. ; If this is true, free dining WILL impact Pixelmania.

11. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

If spots are still open, I would like to join the group at St Angelo's.

12. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Haunted - The list has been updated with you on it. ; Just keep in mind that this is all dependent on us being in EPCOT that day (if the group is in another park, the reservation will be cancelled or transferred).

13. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

Thanks. ; I understand. ; I suppose if we really wanted to "work the system" we could make an ADR at each park and then as soon as Tim publishes a schedule we could cancel what ever ADR we would not use.

14. gary

gary Member

put me in for san angelo, we'll work it over as we get closer

15. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Spots are almost gone for San Angelo. ; Working the system is kinda what I am planning for Hollywood Studios and Sci-Fi Drive-In (with possible reservations on Sat. and Sun). ; I don't think that we'd have too many problems reworking things once the schedule is semi-finalized, just the actual time of the reservation (ie... having to eat dinner at 4pm or such).

16. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Now that the schedule is finalized it looks as if the Sci-Fi diner ADR on 12/5 @ 5:15 will be cancelled since we will be at Animal Kingdom. ; SO, the ADR's are as follows...

12/3 (EPCOT)
    San Angelo Inn @ 5:30pm
    -3 Spots still available!

12/4 (DHS)
    Sci-Fi Diner @ 5:10pm
    -1 Spot still available

Just let me know if you want to take one of the open spots that are still available OR if you want to take over the Sci-Fi Diner Reservation that is on the 5th of December.

17. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

This is not exactly an ADR but Touringplans.com is giving away free fish & chips at the UK paviilion starting at 6:30 pm on Friday, Dec. 3.

18. Paul

Paul Member

Free Fish & Chips, I like that price!

19. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

I think I already signed up but if not could you add me to both ADR's?

20. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

You were already on the San Angelo Inn ADR, but I added you to the Sci-Fi Drive-In ADR.

JUST 2 SPOTS TO SAN ANGELO & 1 SPOT FOR SCI-FI ARE LEFT!!!