POTD - random

Discussion in 'Picture of the Day' started by haunteddoc, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

A view of some of the 30,000 plus who attended the Frozen Dome Classic last weekend. Click the photo for more photos of the event.

[​IMG]
    Frozen Dome Classic
    by Scottwdw

Dave (@ExploringWDW) ....when you going to post your famous photo?

2. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

After loading this event on to my computer I had about 5GB of free space so I have been reorganizing some drives. We'll see if I can get that "famous photo" posted tonight...

Scottwdw likes this.
  3. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

Here is the "famous" photo @Scottwdw mentioned. I can't take all the credit, since it was a photo that Scott specifically requested for the Syracuse Crunch, not to mention it was his fisheye lens I used. It ended up on nhl.com as well as nbcsports.com and cbssports.com. Thanks again Scott!

Opening Face-off of the Main Event at the Frozen Dome Classic:
    [​IMG]

4. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

It also got play on The Hockey News website and a few others the Crunch keep retweeting, Dave (@ExploringWDW).

5. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I should be jealous of Dave getting posted on NHL.com, but my shot of "big sexy" made it to Syracuse.com. I can die happy now.

Scottwdw likes this.
  6. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Whew....finally got all caught up on all the Crunch photos from the last three games which included the Frozen Dome Classic weekend. Only have a high school game to do before two more Crunch games this weekend. :D

I am a sucker for this type of action in a hockey game. Anytime I can catch the ice flying is a keeper in my books.

[​IMG]

7. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Went out shooting before the snow hit last night. This is the Onondaga Tower in downtown Syracuse with its new LED lighting system.

[​IMG]
    Holiday Onondaga Tower
    by Scottwdw, on Flickr

Evad likes this.
  8. ddindy

Here's another shot that might cause @Scottwdw to drool: A 1970 Boss 302 Mustang from the TransAm era.

[​IMG]
    Blue thunder

Scottwdw likes this.
  9. ddindy

Going back to November's Frozen Dome Classic in Syracuse, here's Sutter Donegan of Cicero-Syracuse North beating Baldwinsville goalie Matt Sabourin to win in sudden-death overtime. This high school game was the first of five matches that weekend. Thanks to @Scottwdw for giving me the opportunity to get shots like this one.

[​IMG]
    He scores!

Scottwdw likes this.
  10. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Now that @ddindy has brought up the high school game, pivotal players in the game were named Burdick BMW High School Hockey Athletes of the Month for November 2014. They were presented with their awards last weekend.

Sutter Donegan of Cicero-Syracuse North
    [​IMG]

and Joe Glamos of Baldwinsville
    [​IMG]

11. ddindy

Sticking with the sports theme, the opening bout for the Naptown Roller Girls is just a couple of weeks away. Here's a shot from 2014 of the girls waiting for the whistle starting another jam. That night, Indy beat the Cincinnait Rollergirls Black Sheep 238-116.

If you haven't seen modern flat-track roller derby, you should check it out. It a fun night out for the entire family. And sitting in the "suicide seats" gets you shots like this one. ;)

[​IMG]
    Waiting for the whistle

Scottwdw likes this.
  12. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Here are the Crunch players celebrating their overtime goal on Saturday in Binghamton. The player with his hands up in the air and looking up into the crowd is Joey Mormina who is #3 for the Crunch. What you don't see is the fan on the other side of the glass with a sign reading, "Joey Sucks! #3". Mormina assisted on the OT goal. So, don't tell me athletes don't pay attention to what goes on in the stands.

[​IMG]

13. Love the caption details--give so much more life to an already great capture!

Scottwdw likes this.
  14. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

15. Scottwdw likes this.
  16. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

It is 10 degrees below Fahrenheit (-23 Celsius) this morning. Reminded me of another January day at Taughannock Falls.

[​IMG]
    New York Frozen
    by Scottwdw

17. Evad

Evad Member

[​IMG]

Scottwdw likes this.
  18. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

A rare bird has been hanging out in my wetlands lately - it's got people coming from many miles away, and even other states and countries who are visiting the area to rush out and see - not uncommon in more northern and western parts of the country, but here in S Florida this is a big rarity, and the first time I've ever seen one - a yellow-headed blackbird:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He's a beauty - and was sitting in some lovely light too. I've now photographed him on 5 different weekends, to the point now when I see him, I don't even bother to shoot anymore! Shots taken with my A580 DSLR and Tamron 150-600mm lens.

Scottwdw and Evad like this.
  19. Evad

Evad Member

Nice work Justin!!!

20. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

This player pulled the old Triple Deke from the Mighty Ducks to score last night.

[​IMG]