Sony releases Time-Lapse and Cinematic Photo apps for NEX-6 and 5R

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by Roger, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Yes, I saw that... ; ; $25 takes 'em all (for now). ; Some of them look pretty awesome.

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I'd definitely recommend MFNR, or Multi-Frame Noise Reduction. ; It's the same technology as the 'HHT' or Hand Held Twilight function already on the NEX, but it steps it up a notch by allowing you to use it in any of the PASM modes, with full user control over any or all camera parameters and settings. ; HHT stacks 6 frames, but as a scene mode, with no ability to set ISO, focus point, metering area, etc. ; With MFNR, you can do 6-frame stacking with all the control you want (My DSLR has the MFNR feature, while my NEX has the HHT - I use them both, but LOVE MFNR more!).

The time lapse functionality looks cool too - with the ability to use it in video and stills modes.

4. Tim

Probably the only paid one that I wouldn't need to have right away is the bracketing one. ; All of the other ones seem to have a lot of cool potential.

5. Roger

Got the time-lapse app but Cinematic Photo is refusing to allow me to finish the purchase on both my PC AND on the NEX itself. ; I let Sony know but who knows what is wrong with it...

6. Roger

7. Tim

I downloaded a few of the free apps, and paid the five bucks for the noise stacking app.

8. Tim

Bought the time-lapse app last night... ; thinking this could lead to some really awesome stuff!