Sony returns to full frame with an affordable 24mp 10fps SLT

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by Roger, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

2. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

$2800 for the body only is affordable Roger? ; Can I have your job and paycheck? LOL! ; :D ;D ;)

3. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

LOL, I was referring to the other full frame cameras that can take pictures at 10fps.

Nikon D4: ; 16mp, $6k
    Canon EOS-1DX: 18mp, $6.8k

So when you look at it in that way, $2800 is affordable. ; ;)

4. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

The thing is a beast for sure. ; Most particular items of interest to me as the DUAL phase-detect AF sensors which can work in conjunction for tracking focus, including full awareness of subject distance and focus limit, the AF Range button which allows user-settable focus range front and back, infinitely, on any lens, with live preview of subjects within your selected distance, the electronic first curtain shutter, weather-sealed body, fully articulated LCD, 6 programmable buttons and two programmable dials plus 3 programmable memory banks, dual card slots with independent or linked function (other full framers have done this, but Sony has not in their past dual-slot cameras...finally they have full dual slot programmability for backup redundancy, seperating video and still, or seperating RAW & JPG)...and all the usual Sony perks like in-body stabilization and killer video spec with full phase-detect AF. ; Along with the new NEX6 body, the RX1 full frame fixed lens beast, and new NEX lenses, Sony is having a field day of releases!

5. ELinder

ELinder Member

I was real excited reading about the RX-1, until I got to the price. It's definitely a glimpse into an exciting future.

Erich