Toy Story Mania!

Discussion in 'Disney News, Rumors and Current Events' started by CameraGirl, Apr 3, 2008.

1. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

I was listening to a podcast this morning when I heard them starting to talk about Toy Story Mania. ; Can I just say I can't wait to ride this? ; It looks like it will be a lot of fun. ; If you check out this website you will find photos and a little bit of a sneak peak of what the ride will actually be. ; I heard not only will be a 3D ride, but there may be a 4D experience thrown in there too.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disney ... ania/index

2. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

There should be soft openings for this very soon. ; I hope so, as I'll be there May 15th!

3. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

That looks amazing the way the mouth moves is incredible.

4. CoryTheRaven

CoryTheRaven Member

4D? You mean it's going to move through time as well as length, breadth and depth?!? ^_^

Actually, I'm not that excited about this for two reasons. The first is that I have a low Pixar tolerance anyways, and it's steadily decreasing. The second is that this isn't really a ride... It's a video game. It really deserves to be in a place like DisneyQuest, not in a theme park where the whole premise is entering into the tangible world of things heretofore seen only on screen. To go to a park to look at another screen kind of defeats the purpose, and I've noticed that this deadening effect of looking at a screen is what people have already complained about with the Finding Nemo: Submarine Voyage (and Star Tours before that). But then I guess there's nothing to say you can't have a giant video game in a theme park... I dunno'... ;

5. amw

amw Member

Yes, but like it or not, it's a way for WDW to attract the next generation. The Buzz Lightyear ride has been a huge hit with guests ... and this will be another great family attraction - something that is missing at MGM (oops DHS).

6. CoryTheRaven

CoryTheRaven Member

Oh no, Buzz Lightyear is fine... I mean, it's Pixar, which automatically annoys me, but at least it's comprised of shooting things that occupy physical space. Interactivity in that sense is great, and there have been all sorts of rumours over the years of other interactive sorts of things Disney could try. One of my favorites was having a universal PDA sort of device that could interact with different rides in different ways, like "capturing" ghosts on the Haunted Mansion, being a treasure map around Tom Sawyer's Island (pre-piratization), etc. I even thought about buying that LED video game device that, according to the package, starts up with the appropriate game when you're at a certain attraction, but I opted not to on the realization that I was already AT Disneyland... I didn't need to play video games ABOUT it. The five minutes I spent at VMK Central was enough to blow my mind in a minefield of meta madness ^_^

It's just the idea that the entire ride consists of looking at screens through 3D glasses that, to me, kind of defeats the point. There are some cases where that's okay, like when you know you're sitting down to watch a movie like in the Main St. Cinema, Muppet*Vision or Philharmagic. But I guess if you know you're sitting down to play a video game in Toy Story Mania, well, more power to you. I suppose if they had one at Anaheim, I probably would have gone into DisneyQuest too...

7. http://orlandounited.com/news/toystorymania.html Click for Pictures
    Behind the Wall
    April 30th, 2008 Update
    Today Sledge had the chance to get some up close pictures behind the wall and inside the attraction while attending a Toy Story Mania promotional shoot. The loading area is designed to look like Andy's room and there is even a mural on the back wall of Andy's bed.

8. highland3

highland3 Member

I'm definitely looking forward to this on the next trip. ; Granted, that may not be until 2010. ; :'(

9. mini-canadian

mini-canadian Member

I can't wait to see this! ; Next May.......here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ; ; ;D

10. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Hope to see the attraction soon.
    I think we may be going to Universal next time down.
    DD9 and I are huge Simpsons fans. We want to hit the new ride and shop at the Kwik-E-Mart
    7 day ticket/both parks $80 PP

2-Park Unlimited Admission Ticket
    (Must Purchase At Least 2 Days Prior to Visit)
    You get unlimited admission* for up to a week to both Universal Studios Florida® AND Universal's Islands of Adventure® theme parks.

Unlimited park-to-park admission to both Universal Studios Florida® AND Islands of Adventure® for up to seven (7) consecutive days (seven [7] days includes first day of use).
    All-club access to the live entertainment at Universal CityWalk® for seven (7) consecutive days (seven [7] days includes first day of use).
    RESTRICTIONS:
    *Ticket is valid for seven (7) consecutive days (seven [7] days includes first day of use).
    This is an exclusive online offer and is not available at the front gate.
    Must purchase at least 2 days in advance of admission to Universal Orlando Theme Parks.
    The 2 days is based upon the calendar date and not the time of day. For example if you purchase your tickets at 10:30pm on June 1, then the tickets would be valid on the morning of June 3 since we count June 1 as one (1) full day.
    Limit six (6) tickets per transaction.
    Photo ID must be presented at the theme park front gate turnstile and at CityWalk.
    Signature may be required on ticket.
    Parking not included.
    Tickets are non-refundable.
    Free CityWalk Club access is not valid for separately ticketed concerts and special events. Some venues require 21 or older for admission. Proof of ID may be required. Additional restrictions may apply.
    Prices do not include tax and are subject to change without notice.
    Delivery Option(s)
    Price
    Print@Home $1.99 per ticket processing fee.
    Electronic Pickup $1.99 per ticket processing fee.