Tree of Life Animal Hunt - #007

Discussion in 'Tree of Life Animal Hunt' started by Tim, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

[attachment=1]

WHOLE bunch this time... have fun with this one...

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

#1 appears to be a moth
    #2 is a pair of squirrels
    #3 is a sugar glider (Shandy?)/ maybe a flying squirrel
    #4 is an earthworm
    #5 crawfish
    #6 ram (sheep)

3. Tim

this one is a bit tough because there are so many animals crammed into the frame.

4. goofy101

goofy101 Member

Id say mountain goat for #6

5. mSummers

mSummers Member

I think #6 is a big horn sheep. The horns look like they curl all the way around into a circle. Mountain goat horns are more of a slight curve and they don't curl all the way around like a big horn sheep.

6. molander

molander Member

So, Tim, is there an "official list" of some sort to verify these answers or is everyone just throwing out their best guesses? I love looking at these pictures because my impatient/excited party never lets me spend the time to gawk in awe at this tree. And btw, I think Roger's right on except I have no idea what a sugar glider/Shandy is but I do know flying squirrels!

7. Tim

as far as i know, there is NO official list which is why i started this little "game". a sugar glider is a flying squirrel native to australia, methinks.

8. mSummers

mSummers Member

Sugar gliders are from Australia, but they aren't squirrels. Squirrels are rodents, sugar gliders are arboreal marsupials, making them from the same order as kangaroos, opossums and wombats. And for $350 you can buy one... at least that was what they were selling them for at the county fair.

9. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

They're going for cheaper round these parts! (at least at the one pet store I saw that at....)