WarbirdMania 2016

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by ddindy, Feb 5, 2016.

1. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Warbirdmania 2017 is June 2-4!!!!!!

mSummers likes this.
  3. mSummers

mSummers Member

The weather report has gone from bad to worse. This may be a good year to shoot details and scenes in the camps and villages. Image1464966324.514886.jpg Image1464966333.309661.jpg

4. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I too have been monitoring it, tomorrow will be the better day (better only that it may not rain, but cloudy all day). Maybe this is the year I just enjoy watching the planes fly and not worry so much about getting THE shot.

5. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

To continue the story, Saturday was a good (but not great) weather day. It was dry until after dark. Sunday dawned drizzly and the forecast called for 80-90% chance of showers and thunderstorms all afternoon. The three of us (@jbwolffiv @mSummers and myself) decided to head home and stay dry. Looking back at the weather records, it appears that the rain held off until after 4 pm, so they probably were able to put planes in the air, ceiling permitting. Oh, well.

Photos to come.

jbwolffiv likes this.
  6. mSummers

mSummers Member

Yeah, according to the MAAM Facebook page, thee were able to fly everything but the large bombers due to low ceiling. Instead, the bombers were open to tours, including Fifi.

I finished deleting the blurry shots, now to start filing.

7. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

All I can say is we made the logical decision given the information we had at the time. Does that qualify as SNAFU?

8. mSummers

mSummers Member

Yeah, probably, but I agree, the weather didn't look good at all.

Definitely looking forward to next year. I think this is going to become an annual trip for me.