Wireless Color Printer

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by Paul, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Paul

Paul Member

Anyone have some advice on said printer? ; Ideally looking for a printer/scanner with support for iOS printing.

2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Epson seems to have figured their drivers out, the Artisan series can wirelessly print and scan.

With that being said, I'm not recommending it. ; It's jamming after one year of use.

3. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

If you want to print from your iPad, make sure that it has "AirPrint" on it. ; Go to the Apple Website to see your options. ; I currently have a HP Photosmart printer without airprint, and cannot justify the upgrade to an airprint printer for the few documents I do print (although an HP app will allow me to print photos, just not documents).

4. Paul

Paul Member

Airprint is something I would desire, I will have to see the HP options. ; Seems like there is less buzz for iPad printing now than when the capability was first announced.

5. ELinder

ELinder Member

Not sure how the whole AirPrint thing works. Can an iPad see a printer connected to a wireless router like an Airport Express or Time Capsule and set up as a shared printer in the Airport software? Then you could use a printer you already have.

Erich

6. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

That I am not sure of. ; All I know is that even though my current printer is on my wireless network, the iPad will not recognize it. ; I am thinking if getting an airport express to use the iPad at Disney (since most resorts are still wired) without having to take the MacBook. ; I will have to try it out when I get it.

brought to you by an (HTC) "Incredible" Guy.

7. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Look at the new all-in-one from Lexmark. ; It has a smaller footprint than traditional ones. ; Scans really fast, and is wireless.

8. MJHurley

MJHurley Member

I actually picked up a Lexmark Genesis s800 about a month ago. I primarily purchased it for the rapid scanning abilities, as it can scan about as fast as I can put in the pictures. As far as printing, I've had good results so far. I like the color and consistency with what I see on the screen.

9. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I've always had good experience with my HPs...currently I'm using a Photosmart Premium All-in-one. ; Does printing/scanning/faxing, decently fast 30ppm printing speeds, 5 inks with special photo ink when printing on photo paper, and built in wireless & bluetooth with card reader and USB ports. ; Works pretty easily on my wireless network - set up was a cinch. ; It replaced my last Photosmart all in one that I had for 6 years. ; They've been good to me. ; I use it for all my 8x10 and 8x11 prints - larger than that, I go to a printhouse.