A Bit of Google Help Please

Discussion in 'The Digital Darkroom' started by DisneyGeek92, Apr 19, 2008.

1. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

I don't know if you guys would know but I thought I'd ask. Why is my google french? Yes you heard that correctly my google results are in french. I changed the language to english but its first results are always .fr domain names. Please hel. If you have any idea why this would happen or how I can fix it please let me know. I am on a powerbook, and my dad is on a macbook, this has also happened with a compaq PC upstairs running XP my dad running leopard, and I am running tiger.

2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Using Safari on all 3, or Firefox? And do you have your own login on each?

And do you have iGoogle set for the US? (I went to My Account, iGoogle settings)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

I'm sorry I forgot to post back. We fixed it! I don't know what happened we were all using firefox but safari worked just fine as did camino so it must have been some sort of firefox issue. I don't know how it happened but on the google .fr page there was a link to gooogle.com so I was able to click that and it set .com to be my main search engine not .fr. Thanks anyway Roger.

4. Dan

Dan Member

It's possible that this was just one of those odd things that happens occasionally. I seem to recall being forwarded to a Canadian Google page before, and I think I've seen stories of that happening to other people as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  5. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

I think you're probably right just an odd sort of thing. By the way twitter is all screwed up if any of you are having trouble with this I'll tell you what to do if you want to know how to get around the issue.