And........... We are off - will be updated during mousefest

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sean&Karen, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Okay.. so i am sitting here in the airport getting ready to board my flight to orlando ... I love Disney as most of you know from the site... but i really hate to fly.. i think we need to invent transporters like they have in Star Trek. that way i can just beam myself to SSR

I will keep this post updated with news on where Minnie is and myself is during Mousefest.... 8 minutes until we take off ... oh boy .. i hate to fly

2. Good luck with the flight Sean and Karen. Hopefully it will be a smooth one... Kim and I can't wait to take off!!! Look forward to seeing the two(almost three) of you in the parks.Have a safe journey!!!

3. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

Have a great flight you two see you in a couple of days.

4. highland3

highland3 Member

Remember... it's not the flying that should be scary... it's the.... oh, never mind!

I hope the flight was a good one. ; Say "hi" to Minnie (the mouse and the mrs.) for me!!! ;

5. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Take Care. Let us know what we can do the help while your at WDW.

Current Condiontion near MCO

Lake Eola Heights, Orlando, Florida (PWS)
    Updated: 19:30 December , 2009

50.5 °F / 10.3 °C
    Clear
    Humidity: 58%
    Dew Point: 36 °F / 2 °C
    Wind: Calm

Wind Gust: 1.0 mph / 1.6 km/h
    Pressure: 30.23 in / 1023.6 hPa (Rising)
    Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
    UV: 0 out of 16
    Clouds:
    Clear -
    (Above Ground Level)
    Elevation: 138 ft / 42 m

6. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Night before Day 1 ....

A little background info.....

Calgay has had a great winter, we haven't had snow for 4 to 6 weeks and its been a steady +4 to +6 during that time...

Karen is on the phone with the ticket guys booking our tickets and telling them how wonderful the weather has been and so sooner then she hung up the phone it started snowing (not in the forecast)... we got a freak snow storm and it made the roads very ice, a lady from edmonton said they were not going to land and were going to divert ... but at the last minute they didn't...

So we are sitting in the airport, an hour behind schedule and its snowing cats and dogs outside... plus i hate flying ....

anyhow .. on to the plane .. we de-iced which took 30 minutes .. i had no problem waiting ... they could take an hour if its safer for me ... Sooooooo we are sitting on the runway and for some reason west jet decided to pass Air Canada .. the Air Canada jet pulled over to the side of the runway to let us pass (i am not kidding)... you could even see the air Canada pilot giving our pilot the thumbs up... lol

So ... we start to pickup speed, karen is thinking we are going to slip some cause its so icy... i know we are all good cause its not like they are going to hit the brakes when they want to take off ....

And we are off ... No turbulence on the takeoff and the flight was great .. i got to watch sunday football all the way there and it was so great.

we landed in Orlando (perfect landing, couldn't even tell that the plane touched down it was that smooth) ; ended up leaving our luggage for magical express to pickup while waiting for the bus some lady ran over my back lEg (which is kind of funny cause i don't have a small leg to miss) and we are on the bus.

We got off at SSR and checked in, the lady who checked us in was very shy and must have been new... she said our room was a 15 minutes away and we could wait for bell services to drive us or walk.. we decided since it was 10pm at night to let bell services drive us ... a total of 90 seconds away from where we were. it would of taken us 3 maybe 5 minutes to walk.

The bell boy was awesome and gave us a tour and the low down of the place, the front desk told us the wrong location of the bus and we were happy to hear it was just outside our room. I ended up tipping him for the service, he even walked us to our room ... it was nice we didn't get lost or anything.. great personal service from him.

First impressions of the food court here.... it sucks ... ya i am not going to like getting supper here..... however the sit down restaurant looks really good and i will try and spend a couple of dinner credits in there lol

more to come.........

7. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

Glad that you guys made it safe and sound. ; :)

Are you guys in the Congress Park section? ; That area is a little far from the Carriage House...

Shocking, I LOVE Artist's Palette!! ; It's one of my favourite counter service spots. ; Turf Club is alright, nothing special. ; Good luck!

8. scratch

scratch Member

If you guys are in Congress Park, then a short hop, skip and a jump to DTD!

Shouldn't it have been snowing Polar Bears and Penguins? ;)

Glad you made it safely!

9. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

We are at the Carriage house area which was nice as far as we could see since it was dark. ; Sunny here this morning, but I don't think it is that warm outside yet. ; It says 12C which was about as cold as it was last night and yes I do see cold. ; With the humidity, the cold is a bit colder than what we are used to in Calgary. ; Sean hated the Artist's Palette and I wasn't too impressed because we don't like the healthier choices we are given. ; Where are the grilled chicken sandwiches and the burgers :D

Not sure what we will be doing today, maybe actually enjoying a vacation day. ; We will probably go exploring and see the sites. ; I can't wait to step foot at downtown disney to go shopping!!! ; Ummm...I spend time with Sean...LOL! ;

Again I am sure one of us will be on here again keeping you all updated. ; Thank god for computers and internet! ;

Oh and I guess Calgary ended up getting about 20cm of snow yesterday. ; Pretty crazy since I don't remember the last time it snowed that much all at once.

Oh and one more thing, our plane landed a little after 8pm and then our bags didn't get here until about 12:45pm. ; A bit of a wait for Magical Express, but we, er I mean Sean was still awake. ; We are pretty lucky the one bag came since the ME tag was practically falling off, but all is good.

Can't wait to see everyone in a few days! ;

10. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Quick update...

We are sitting at ghirardelli's having a hot fuge sunday and a brownie sunday

11. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

hmmmm so good ... All done

12. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

One more time.
    [​IMG]

13. scratch

scratch Member

Sure rub it in!LOL

14. highland3

highland3 Member

Oh man... what I wouldn't give.... ; ; :p

15. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

mmmmm....ghirardellis

16. deblen4

deblen4 Member

Oh, I wish I was there!! I loved Saratoga Springs and one of our favourite restaurants is Turf Club. ; I didn't get there on my October trip this year, but we were there last Christmas. ; My 20 and 22 year olds said it was by far their favourite, and they were comparing to Boma, France, Mexico, Cape May, etc... ;
    Please provide all the details on Mousefest. ; I'm interested in attending but really not familiar with the event.
    Deb

17. realfam

realfam Member

Hi there Sean and Minnie,

We will be checking in to Saratoga Springs on thursday afternoon, ; we'll have to PM each other and exchange room numbers.
    Can you guys please turn up the thermostat there to the mid 70's starting thursday for us. ; Thanks

Hopefully we'll see ya there

18. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Day one....

We started the day off a little late, i slept in until 10ish .... We hit the road or i should say boat and went over to downtown Disney .. we took a couple of photo's starting from the west side and working our way over to Market place, once at Ghirardelli's we stopped in for a Hot fudge sunday and a Brownie sunday with a tall glass of coke to wash it down with ... it was a very warm day around 79 to 80 degrees out.. so the coke went down nicely...

We had decided to do some research for the first three days down here, on a recommendation from AMW we hit the All-Star Resorts (she didn't request this resort but we figured we would start with it) We went to Movies, Music and Sports and took about 300+ pictures of everything... i tired to get the pools and each themed building .... we were unable to get any rooms :(

After the 3+ hours at the All Star resorts ... we headed over to Animal Kingdom so we could grab a shuttle to POP Century (can`t go from resort to resort unless you have a car... Next time i will rent one to make things easy...) we jumped on a Bus and after about 15 minutes we were at POP... we decided to have lunch at POP because we heard so many good things about the food court.

After lunch was over we spent about an hour walking around and taking pictures for the site. After that was done we took a Bus to downtown Disney and then after Karen helped me lighten my wallet with some items at the world of disney we headed back to SSR.

Once we got back to SSR i got Karen to call the sit down restaurant here (Called the Turf) and see if they could get us in... No problems .. we had table for 7:40.. WOW ... WOW ... WOW ... GREAT FOOD!!!!

We had Ken as a server and he recommended the Steak ... Soooo I had a Steak with Yukon Mashed potato`s and Karen had a stuffed chicken. We ended up getting Cheese Cake and an Apple pie (Very good) for desert....

There was a child there who had a food allergy so Ken our service went back and grabbed the Chef and had him come out to explain the menu and find a solution for that family. (out standing service from this guy)

I was so stuffed after supper i sat and watched Monday night football while my stomach was on strike... Oh they have a pool table outside the restaurant.. might need to head back there for some drinks and pool! :)

So day one of research is done, tomorrow we plan on hitting AKL and taking a tour for additional research ... i will keep everyone posted

19. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Hi deblen4,

Are you planning on coming down this year or next year...

Mousefest is a collection of communities, writers and podcasters who get together with fans and members of their communities and have a week long get together...

We take part is meets, go on rides and just have a good time.. I think its great because your spending time with people who `Get it` ..... like Highland, Ham ham or even yourself i don`t need to explain why i have this web site and why i do what i do ... that`s because you all get it...

The looks i get from people who don`t get it kind of gets old.. We have 6 or 7 people from DisneyMagic.ca coming down this year and it will be nice to put a face with the name... If you want to see what kind of events take place at mousefest then check out http://www.mousefest.org/default.asp ... this year we have about 1000 people coming down for the couple of days .. it a BLAST

20. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

I Might have been wrong on my first assessment of the food Court.... I saw a couple of things in there that looked really good while i was getting some snacks for the night... I will give it another try ;