Animal Kingdom: Kilimanjaro Safaris

Discussion in 'Disney's Animal Kingdom Photos' started by ddindy, Dec 11, 2014.

1. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

When storks aren't out delivering babies, they hang out on Kilimanjaro Safaris, trading jokes with the addax.

[​IMG]
    Waiting for the call

2. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

3. What'cha shootin' with there, justin? That's super close...or so it seems. ;)

4. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

All your close ups are spectacular! Another great one!

5. zackiedawg

Thanks guys. That was more the light that day - it was perfect. I was only shooting my 18-250mm superzoom lens on my DSLR, so nothing special lens-wise. Perfect light and angle works every time!

6. zackiedawg

Running wildebeest and safari truck:
    [​IMG]

7. ddindy

Apparently Orlando is having an unusually wet autumn. On my late-September / early October trip, there were only a couple of days that were totally rain-free. For example, on the day I arrived at WDW, I headed over to Animal Kingdom for a quick visit. Just as I was about to board the safari truck, the skies opened for a downpour that lasted most of the ride.

So, as a result, I present to you a trio of rain-soaked giraffes.

[​IMG]
    Wet. How's the weather up there?

8. zackiedawg

The very difficult to catch out in the open and photograph: mandrill:
    [​IMG]

I was lucky enough to catch one out on back to back trips - the first above was in December with my DSLR, and this one was with my mirrorless in January:
    [​IMG]

Scottwdw likes this.
  9. ddindy

Nice. I saw some on my last trip but they were a lot farther away than the ones here.

10. ddindy

11. zackiedawg

Had to go back a ways in the galleries for a crocodile shot - last trip in September, the crocs were all gone!:
    [​IMG]

12. ddindy

Gone? That's strange. They're normally pretty reliable, and were there on the two safaris I took in Sep/Oct.

13. zackiedawg

Might have been either a cleaning of the area - or work on the suspension bridge over it for the former walk-through safari...not sure. No crocs, no croc facts from the driver, no croc jokes...just a quiet and silent ride-past that point.

14. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Lioness audio-animatronics were engaged today.

[​IMG]

15. ddindy

I feel like all of the DAK photos I've been posting lately have been Safari photos. But, if you've been in the park in 2015, you'll know that there's not much else to see due to all of the construction walls. Heck, there was even construction on Safari recently, preparing for the upcoming night safaris.

Meanwhile, here's a wildebeest and a song about him.

[​IMG]
    I'm a ganoo

16. ddindy

It's Monday morning, and this reminds me of a place I'd rather be than at work. (Of course, I'd rather be almost anywhere other than work.)

[​IMG]
    Lazy Day

17. ddindy

18. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Baby White Rhino
    [​IMG]

19. zackiedawg

Hey - animatronics v2.0 - they got the walking simulation up and working on the cheetahs!:
    [​IMG]

Scottwdw likes this.