Back to Disney tomorrow Sep 7th

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by zackiedawg, Sep 6, 2018.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Looking forward to another getaway back up at Disney. First chance to see Toy Story Land, though I'm feeling like it won't be more than a quick walk-through as crowds are still high and fast passes for anything are impossible.
    Staying at Saratoga Springs, hopefully my 1 bedroom villa in Building 1 so I can walk across to Disney Springs at night for food and hangout.

Not trying to hit any big rides or go nuts - too hot for that - mostly just a nice getaway and some relax-time away from work...and some photography. I know I just missed Tim by a bit...if anyone else is up there and wants to meet up for a drink somewhere, let me know!

Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.
  2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Hey Justin! Just seeing this as my daughter drives us through Orlando. We drove from NJ for some Food and Wine and a Halloween Party, then back home. We will be at Epcot tomorrow (Sunday) for rope drop until about 2:30-3ish, then heading to MK for the party. Monday will be back to Epcot again, and we leave for NJ around 3. Not sure if our plans will overlap, let me know. I have 12 beers to try between both tomorrow and Monday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.
  3. zackiedawg

I'm planning on Epcot for Monday - so we will be in the same park. Today (Sunday), I am heading to AK, though I may end up wrapping over at Epcot depending on how long the day starts to feel and whether any rain pops up later. I don't have your phone number in my phone, but I at least can see the e-mail alerts for new posts to this thread - so maybe post here sometime tomorrow when you get to Epcot and let me know roughly where you are or what direction you're headed - if I am there or arriving soon, I'll post back and we'll see if we can bump into each other.

jbwolffiv likes this.
  4. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Will do! We will be at Epcot for rope drop

5. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

We are at the Chocolate Studio, then to Hawaii. Our plan is to walk counter clockwise around World Showcase. It’s 11:10 am

6. zackiedawg

I saw your message - but timing didn't work out for me - I didn't get over to Epcot until 3:30pm. I knew you said you were leaving around 3pm...so there really wasn't any chance.

Monday was a good choice for Food & Wine, as lines weren't bad at all. Crowds were higher than a normal Epcot day, but most food stations had either no wait to order, or less than 5 people in front. Much better than last year when I was sometimes in a line 20 people or more back. I came in the International Gateway, and worked my way over to Future World first, then around the showcase counter-clockwise. Hit a few fast-passes in Future World, started food with Flavor from Fire, then through Caribbean, Mexico, Brazil, and Canada. Drinks at Mexico, Morocco, France, Light Lab, and Festival Center.

Hope you enjoyed your time and day as I did!

jbwolffiv likes this.
  7. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I figured that something like that happened, we actually left the park at 2:30. We hit Epcot both Sunday and Monday, starting ling the light lab Sunday and working clockwise. Then on Monday started with Flavors from Fire and worked counterclockwise. We hit way to many booths to list here, but I know I tried 11 beers I have never had before. The 11:00 am to 2:00 pm time was the same as what you saw later in the day on Monday. Only booth with many guests in line was China both days, so I never got their shrimp.

We had a blast for the 2 days, glad you enjoyed it as well.