Carsland

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort (California)' started by Scottwdw, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I have a lot of photos from Carsland starting with this one...

[​IMG]
    I Am Speed by Scottwdw, on Flickr

2. MJHurley

MJHurley Member

Great panning shot Scott. I'm looking forward to exploring Carsland myself in January.

3. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

You are going to have a great time. ; It is like being in the movie. ; Though I have shared this previously, thought I would add this photo of cars racing around Willy's Butte to this thread.

[​IMG]
    Willy's Butte in Ornament Valley by Scottwdw, on Flickr

4. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Where did you go on vacation this year? What was your best holiday? Click the photo to share!

I visited the town of Radiator Springs in Disney's California Adventure.

[​IMG]
    Gateway to Ornament Valley by Scottwdw

5. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Mater traveling through Ornament Valley greeting guests along the way. ; He was a good ambassador for Radiator Springs.

[​IMG]
    Mater Greets Guests by Scottwdw, on Flickr

6. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Whoa, that Caddy fin shot is definitely a keeper. Excellent job!

7. mSummers

mSummers Member

Ditto what Dennis said. Sweet lighting on the caddy fin!

8. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Wow! Not sure how I missed the Ornament Fin shot! Very nice!

9. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Awesome Scott - never saw this thread the first time, so glad to see it bumped back up!

And Peter - the Caddy fin mountain shot is excellent - great light and color.

I cannot wait to see something like this pop up over here on the Florida side!

10. The level of detail in Cars Land is unrivaled. More is definitely more here. This is a billboard from the end of Radiator Springs Racers. After the race is over, you make your way back to the loading/unloading area through Tail Light Caverns.

[​IMG]Tail Light Caverns by rickenmartin78, on Flickr

11. One thing I was afraid of was getting to Cars Land and seeing how they've miniaturized many of the landmarks like they did in new Fantasyland (i.e. Beast's castle, Prince Eric's castle [the forced perspective stuff]). While there is quite a bit of forced perspective in Cars Land, it isn't so obvious. And where they needed to go big, they did. The area by Flo's, and Ramone's is easy to settle into. And once you do settle in, the illusion becomes blurred with reality.

[Sigh] I'm needin' me a little Cars Land right now.

[​IMG]Flo's by rickenmartin78, on Flickr

12. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

13. ddindy

The light during Golden Hour in Ornament Valley is just stunning. And just the other side of the Cadillac Range is the motel I stayed at, the Candy Cane Inn.

[​IMG]
    Racing Through the Desert

mSummers likes this.
  14. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

cinderellagirl2280 and Evad like this.
  15. ddindy

Evad and Chernabog1940 like this.
  16. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Evad and Chernabog1940 like this.