Convention time!

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by ddindy, Jul 21, 2013.

1. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Great photos... FYI, I was able to get the time off and plan on being at C2E2 all weekend.

2. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Cool, I'll be there on Saturday.

3. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Great seeing you (Dennis) at C2E2... So speaking of "My Little Pony"... This Equestria Girl came thru the lobby after you left..[​IMG]
    **EDIT** apparently the group was cosplaying "Adventure Time". The Unicorn threw me. So, Guy in purple dress is Lumpy Space Princess. Girl in blue is the Ice King and the unicorn is Lady Rainicorn. There was at least one other in the group (portraying Princess Bubblegum).

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  4. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

The rest of the crew in quick passing (camera not ready in time)...
    [​IMG]

5. ddindy

Oooookay... There are always lots of cross-dressers at C2E2. (And the PC police require me to add "Not that there's anything wrong with that.")

6. ddindy

For some reason I haven't been shooting as much cosplay as I'd like to lately. When I do, I like to wait for the epic costumes, like these two Time Lords from the Gallifreyan high council posing with the War Doctor in front of his Tardis.

[​IMG]
    Time Lords everywhere

7. ddindy

8. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Ah yes, the annual convention cosplay photos. Love 'em even though I don't get what 9/10 of them are about. I've never seen a single episode of Dr Who...

9. ddindy

I've seen every episode of Doctor Who and I don't know who half the characters are. They come from TV, movies, comic books, video games, other types of games, Japanese anime and manga, and so on. It's crazy. Last year at the Gen Con cosplay parade, there was a whole gaggle of Elsas singing "Let It Go."

10. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

But Gen Con is primarily gaming, correct?

11. ddindy

Gaming is the prime focus of the convention, yes, but there is a lot for the non-gamer like me. Most of the events that I attend fall into the "entertainment" category. If you're interested in seeing what the schedule looks like, you can download the 14,000-line event spreadsheet.

12. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Personally, I'd rather hit Wizard in Nashville as there is a Dukes of Hazzard Reunion. I am planning on getting to Wizard in Chicago this year too. Unfortunately it looks like I will have to change hotels and not be across the street like usual.

13. ddindy

A Dukes of Hazzard reunion? Could be interesting if lots of Daisy Duke cosplayers show up. ;)

14. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

As long as it is TV show versions of Daisy and not the older mature current Daisy. But yes... Bo, Luke and Daisy are showing.

15. ddindy

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Attend a simulated Gen Con at the same time you're attending the real Gen Con.

[​IMG]
    Almost like being there

16. ddindy

Gen Con is not all about games and cosplay. No, there's also musical entertainment! We have two great local bands that play there, Five Year Mission (a band whose goal is to write a song about every Star Trek original series episode), and today's featured band, The Shake Ups In Ponyville, who play songs about My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

[​IMG]
    Shaking Things Up

17. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

You heading to C2E2 in Chicago next month? I'm hoping to be able to make it all weekend. My friend and I tentatively have a room at the Hyatt/Hilton attached to the convention center. So if all goes well I will only have to worry about traffic on Friday.

18. ddindy

Unfortunately, I have a conflict that weekend, so I'll end up missing it this year.

19. ddindy

Wizard World brought it's traveling convention circus to Indianapolis in February, 2015. It was poorly attended and isn't returning this year. But since it was Valentine's' Day weekend, some unusual couples showed up. When was the last time you saw Bruce Wayne and Catwoman this close?

[​IMG]
    Bat and Cat

20. ddindy

Even the most dedicated scientists can't spend all their time in the laboratory. Dexter even brought a friend to the Indiana Comic Con.

[​IMG]
    Out of the Lab