Corel announces AfterShot Pro (Bibble 6)

Discussion in 'The Digital Darkroom' started by Roger, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

2. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Derrick Story talked very highly of AfterShot Pro in his lastest podcast you can hear here: http://thedigitalstory.com/2012/01/ligh ... rture.html

It's towards the end. ; It runs on PC's, Macs and Linux machines. ; Sounds promising as it has layers which neither Aperture or LightRoom has and pulls in plugins like they are part of the program. ; You don't have to do round tripping and creating extraneous TIFF files. ; Does not have a way of adding metadata at import yet. ; A deal breaker for me but I like having another player in the mix.

If you are looking at Lightroom and/or Aperture, I would give the 30 day trial of AfterShot Pro a "shot", too. ; Derrick said it is available for $79.99. ; There is an ad on the product page on the podcast page stating that.

3. Roger

Yes, I started with Bibble, and the current price is $80. ; I waited till the last minute and I was supposed to get the upgrade for $20...and their link is showing $79.99 for me as well.

4. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Roger, I would complain to customer service. ; I bet you can get your upgrade price. ; I would think they would want to keep loyal Bibble users happy.

5. Roger

LOL I have complained, no response yet!