DHS - Citizens of Hollywood

Discussion in 'Disney's Hollywood Studios Photos' started by ddindy, Jan 15, 2015.

1. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

The Citizens of Hollywood are an attraction in and of themselves. Post all of you photos of these entertaining characters in this thread.

2. ddindy

Jack Diamond looks like a bit of a shifty character to me. Never bet against him in a card game.

[​IMG]
    Jack of Diamonds

3. Scottwdw likes this.
  4. ddindy

Why not start a DCA Street Performers thread under Disneyland?

5. I suppose I could. I just don't have any more performer pics from DCA. That's a shame too, because there are so many performers on Buena Vista St. :(

6. ddindy

I don't know why Dorma Nesmond is holding this sign. People seem to naturally break into Wild & Crazy Applause whenever she appears.

[​IMG]
    Wild and crazy

7. ddindy

Officer Peabody has found the holy grail of all policemen: a donut!

[​IMG]
    The Grand Prize

8. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

Mimi Kaboom straight from the camera this afternoon. When I took this shot she said "I love pictures of me!"

[​IMG]

9. ddindy

Here's Daley Reels back in the days when he was a mere film historian. In the last two years, he went to New York, made it big on Broadway and is now back in Hollywood wearing fancier clothes.

[​IMG]
    Historical historian

10. ddindy

Officer Peabody at work, controlling the crowd. Looks menacing, doesn't he?

[​IMG]
    You shall not pass

11. ddindy

Just as I arrived, the Hollywood Public Works crew did what all civil servants do best: they went on break!

[​IMG]
    Break time

12. ddindy

Officer Pat Friskem seems to be a little confused. It's May, not December. For Sonny Burbank, however, it's always campaign season.

[​IMG]
    Christmas in May

13. ddindy

What's worse than raining cats and dogs? Hailing taxicabs, of course!

Here we see Oscar Meyerweiner at the taxi stand on Sunset Blvd. Despite his frequent cries of "Taxi," not one drove by. Soon he started flagging down ECVs and strollers, asking each if he could get a ride. After several minutes, a gentleman pushing one of those big plastic Disney rental strollers stopped, kicked his kid out of the seat, and walked off with a new, paying rider.

[​IMG]
    What's worse than raining cats and dogs?

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  14. ddindy

As I post this, it's Labor Day, so I decided to make this week's Flickr posts themed around labor, work, etc. This is the first of a three-part story of two guys working hard to get a date with Evie Starlight.

Hollywood mayor Sonny Burbank demonstrates his rope jumping prowess while Beau Wrangler looks on in disbelief.

[​IMG]
    Hopping to it

15. ddindy

Not to be outdone by some pretty-boy politician, Beau breaks out his harmonica for a mid-day serenade.

[​IMG]
    Cowboy orchestra

16. ddindy

After watching the efforts of Sonny Burbank and Beau Wrangler to impress her in hopes of getting a date, Evie Starlight shows us what she thinks of the two "gentlemen." In the end, Sonny and Beau decided that their friendship is too important to let a woman come between them, and all went a way happy. Thus endeth our three-part drama on Sunset Blvd.

[​IMG]
    Are those guys serious?

17. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Director Otto Von Bonn-Bahn, and AD Vladimir Pooey:

[​IMG]

18. ddindy

Jack Diamond does some pretty amazing card tricks. His latest one is where he lets a guest pick a card, then he picks a card that is exactly half the value of that card (all without knowing the value of the original card). Here, Officer Pat Friskem holds up the card that Jack picked after the guest drew the 7 of Hearts.

[​IMG]
    It's Amazing!

19. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

20. ddindy

That's Wink Wright, film critic. "If you don't have anything good to say about a movie, come sit by me."