Dropbox

Discussion in 'The Digital Darkroom' started by Tim, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Here is a sign-up link for dropbox, in case any of you want to start using it as an online cloud storage system that is absolutely free. If you sign up through this link they give you a bunch of extra megabytes of disk space. The cool thing about it is you can share the folders with other people if you want, And there are desktop clients along with android and iPhone apps to help access your files.
    ------------------
    I've been using Dropbox and thought you might like it. It's a free way to bring all your files anywhere and share them easily.

Sign up with this link to get some bonus space: https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTY4NTM4MDE5

2. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

I find DropBox an invaluable tool to move files between my many computers. ;

3. ELinder

ELinder Member

Works great for getting at things on my iOS devices too.

Erich

4. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Yes, Erich, it is GREAT for iOS synchronization... ; I have a lot of apps that access my Dropbox. ;

If anyone wants to sign up, and uses the link I provided, you will get another 250mb or so for FREE! ; If you do sign up, please make sure you download the desktop client app as well. ; It's well worth the FREE price.

https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTY4NTM4MDE5

5. AlanRappa

AlanRappa Member

Huge fan of Dropbox. I use it to keep my Lightroom plugins and saved presets between computers.

Also use the photo upload feature to backup my iPhone shots (which I then import from the folder into Lightroom)

6. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I got a huge increase in my box size when I bought my Galaxy S III! ; I'm at like 50gig for free! :)

7. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

wow!!
    I have basically switched to skydrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk